Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jilianne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2005, 09:57 PM
    My kitty has mites and now I do
    I just purchased a himilayan kitten. When I got home I looked him over he was bold all on his tummy,back legs and a little bit of the front legs I also found out a few days later he has mites I am pretty sure they are ear mites because his ears are full of black so I started treting him with bio-groom ear drops. I have been doing this everyday for a week and some and giving him fle bathes every second day. Now my older kitten (I have been treating as well but every second day) has scabbing not that much though just little bumps and red spots on his nose,lower lip and eye brows.Now I have 40 bites all over my body I really need help I have treated my cats put them in a room by themselves and cleaned the whole house what can I do to help them and is it just mites that they have or something else to.how can I cure them so I can go around them. Please help.Also are there mites on me to or am I just getting bit. What kind of mites are these. Can I do sulfer dips that are a shampoo to them or are them to young ones 10 weeks and the others 5 months.
    becky92029 Posts: 104, Reputation: 3

Nov 1, 2005, 10:11 PM
    Try typing in ear mites in the site search area, there are some others who have had some good answers. Sorry, I can't help you more as I'm pretty much a "dog" person. Good luck.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2005, 06:22 AM
    Mites
    Hi,
    You left out a very important word, "Vet".
    Personally, I would take your cats to a Vet, get a Professional opinion on what to do, what to use, and what is eating you up!
    In that way, you can probably solve the issues much more quick, than looking for "over the counter" remedies, that might or might not work.
    becky92029 Posts: 104, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2005, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    You left out a very important word, "Vet".
    Personally, I would take your cats to a Vet, get a Professional opinion on what to do, what to use, and what is eating you up!
    In that way, you can probably solve the issues much quicker, than looking for "over the counter" remedies, that might or might not work.
    True, Fred. I've spent more money on OTC medicine and other baloney that doesn't work. That's why I frequent vets. Not only do my animals recover more quick, in the end it may be cheaper. I just rated you... you "owe" me! :p
    -Becky

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My kitten has worms/ear mites [ 6 Answers ]

:-/ Hi! I have an 8 week old female kitten who was born in a rabbit barn (so I was told). When we went to pick her up I noticed her brother and an older cat were absolutely ravenous. I brought in 3 packets of the kitten food I bought for (now named) my Lacey. They went crazy trying to get at...

Spider mites in our house [ 3 Answers ]

We have spider mites all over the inside and outside of our house. We have no house plants and no landscapeing outside. A friend in the bug biz. Says they sometimes are in the lumber when they build new houses and get in that way after a while. I have a baby and don't want to risk her health but...

Fat Kitty! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cat who is about 4 years old, and is very fat. She was a runt as a baby, and was always very tiny, but she started gaining weight about a year ago and now is literally the size of a basketball. She has the tiniest little head! Its like the size of a tennis ball. We recently got a new...

Ear mites [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Our lab is itching his left ear quite a bit and shakes his head. There is a slight odor and there is debris in both ears. I called the vet and she said that it could be ear mites. How can we check for this? Is there anything that we could do for him from home or should we take him to the...

Trying to understand kitty [ 1 Answers ]

Undefined I have never owned a kitten before so I'm learning as I go. Why do they,with front paws,knead you? It is as if they are kneading dough but with a little claw added... never enough to hurt but enough to let you know they are there.undefined

View more questions Search