Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Buffalo A Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Used Furnaces. Good or Bad Idea?
    I am thinking about purchasing a few used furnaces from a homeowner whom is leveling a two family dwelling. I think this is a cost effective method, rather then buying brand new. Is this something that can be done, and is there anything I should know in advance? Are used furnaces something to stay away from?:confused:
    tsa7man Posts: 154, Reputation: 9

Oct 22, 2007, 01:26 PM
    The first thing is what is the age and efficiency of the used units?? And what will you be using them for? ( your home, work shop, garage etc. ) With the rising fuel costs... the efficiency is the big issue, not to mention the current condition of them...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 22, 2007, 02:31 PM
    If the home is being knocked down what condition do you think the furnaces are in? This doesn't sound like a good plan to me. I have bought dozens of used cars in my life but when ywas the last time you met someone who bought a used furnace?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

Hair dye on highlighted hair? Good or bad idea [ 3 Answers ]

hiyaaa!!! i normally get my hair done at the hairdressers, blond highlights using foils. my roots are so bad at the moment and I can't afford to have them done so today after work (finish at 3) im going to tesco's to buy a hair dye... is this a bad idea dying highlighted hair??? would it be...

Ex or Coke.. . Good idea? [ 11 Answers ]

My girlfriend has said that she feels as if she has lost the chemistry between us. I have read that cocaine and exctasy both release the same chemicals in the brain (Dopamine and Endorphin) as falling in love and getting that everything-we-do-gets-me-naturally-high stage. Should we try it once and...

Is this a good idea? [ 2 Answers ]

So here's the situation in a nutshell, some of you may have actually read some of the first posts months ago, but for those who haven't: About 6 months ago there was this guy who I saw working at a store near my house, our eyes meet and bam! I was struck, so to speak, and I think he was too,...

Birthday Card, Good idea or Bad [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My boyfriend left me about 7 weeks ago for a girl he works with. I have maintained N/C since then but I really love him and would take him back under certain circumstances. I don't want to call and beg him or push him away I want him to come back because he wants to. But his...

View more questions Search