Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DONK1111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Noisy Boyfriend- chewing w/ mouth open, crunching ice, banging doors
    Hi, my boyfriend and I have lived together 3 years (we are both 45). He drives me crazy with noise - everything is noisy. He chews with his mouth open, crunches ice, slams the cupboard doors. Last night he blew up at me when I said something to him and said it's my problem that these things bother me. He is typically a very patient guy so I'm getting under his skin -- but he's getting under mine. How do I resolve this issue. He's not going to change, and I can't take the noise. Other than this we get along really great. TIA
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 12:22 PM
    My son is the same way and all I can do is go to a different room and listen to some music when he gets on my nerves. When I say something about how loud he chews or anything he starts slamming stuff and acting worse.
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Oct 22, 2007, 01:28 PM
    If you allow foolish behavior like that to continue without resolution it will NEVER end and they will NEVER learn. I'd tell him as kind heartedly as possible what the deal is if he flips then you should split... Leave. If an adult man cannot work things out with the women that he claims to love in a reasonable adult manner then he doesn't deserve a woman at all.

NOhelp4u

You should teach your son better manners and how to respect you as his elder and mother if you don't his woman in 15 years or so may be writing the same statement as is posted above
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 03:12 PM
    My son is 20 and has diagnosed emotional problems ODD ADD ADHD and some others since 13 years ago and grew up with Child Protective Services abusiveness, so I really don't know what to do about him.
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Oct 24, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Have you considered therapy?
    victoriabd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 01:24 PM
    You really think this all of a sudden started bothering you after 3 years?? I think you are not in love anymore and your subconcience is making all these "other things" get to you so you have some "excuse" to break up. :o
    Let's face it 3 years is always the breaking point. Get out of the relationship and move on.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Everybody has annoying habits to some degree, nobody is perfect, and nobody is perfectly mated with an also perfect person.

It would be nice if he didn't eat with his mouth open, and didn't chew ice, but he may always have these annoying habits. But, how do these minor faults factor into the whole person.

I remember in the beginning of my relationship a friend of mine said that eventually it will bother me when he squeezes the toothpaste from the middle. I laughed at that, and said how ridiculous.

Well, it's true. Not the toothpaste, but being blinded by love, I missed how he chews his nails to the bone, leaves his gum stuck all over the place, and never puts the toilet seat down.

But, he is loyal and honest and treats me like a queen. He's a hard worker and an excellent father.

I ignore the minor faults when I realize what a great guy he is.
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Apr 16, 2009, 09:23 PM
    My boyfriend loves his ice crunching. It annoys me, but I love my boyfriend more. I usually grab my iPod and let him have his crunching moment in peace.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 17, 2009, 10:06 AM
    I don't know if this is useful information, or particularly helpful, but some time ago I read about an elderly couple. He came to the table in the morning bare chested.

The lady tried blocking the view with her newspaper, then he'd get mad at her for reading the paper at breakfast.

So, she decided one morning to also go to the table, without her top on. She just sat there, eating her toast, also bare chested. Well I guess the old guy just about had a seizure right on the spot.

But, it solved the problem. She fixed him. Lol
    Romale_2307 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 09:15 PM
    Well, my girl friend crunches on stuff, talks loud indoors, and sleeps with the t.v. on. It all annoys the everloving hell out of me. I have spoken to her about each issue, and she only comprimised on the t.v. (she let's me turm it off once she's is out cold). I am realizing, I can't live with or love these non stop behaviors for ever. She eats ice, almonds, peanuts, sings, and yells. It's f'ing ridiculous. She's always cold, and thinks I'm nuts cause I'm not freezing every time she is. Honestly, I'm not in love with her any more. I think it's because she never meets me half way, and dosen't give a damn about my comfort and tranquility. She's cool though, just has double standards! AAAAArrrrgggg!
    Romale_2307 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 09:20 PM
    Comment on makapuu's post
    When I try to block out or escape my GF's crunching, she takes offense and pisses me off more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

GE Gold refrigerator ice maker leaking into the ice tub [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE Gold stacked refrigerator/freezer. The ice maker is leaking into the ice bin. The leak is a slow, constant drip that freezes into an icesicle. Annoying. Any advice would be appreciated ! :confused:

Open doors to the study of biology [ 1 Answers ]

Which Scale Does A Typical Fall Into

Ice Maker slow making ice [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore Elite refer and the ice maker has almost quit making ice.The ice maker is part # 4317943 the freezer is about 0.0F any help will be appreciated. Randy

View more questions Search