Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 1, 2005, 01:59 PM
    The Year 2005
    Got this one from my daughter today...

YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2005 when...

1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

8. Leaving the house without your cell ! Phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

11. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

12. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

13. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

14. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.

AND NOW You are LAUGHING at yourself.

Go on, forward this to your friends. You know you want to!

Marleyboybob Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2006, 02:24 PM
    Sorry!
    Sorry but you are in the past now because we are now in 2006!! (Sorry I just had to say that!)
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2006, 02:34 PM
    Well, the post is 2 months old, that's why...

And yeah it's a good post! I sent it to my foster parents a while back.
    Martin Harrison Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2006, 02:43 PM
    EXCELLENT
    I've got tears

M
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 5, 2006, 06:36 AM
    Thanks Martin and Orange - it is after all under the 'entertainment' section. P.S. Orange - I bet this is another one of your great creations - love the new picture too!

Hope that the year 2006 is a little better for all of us!

Love, Chery

To all my friends here - you all GREAT!
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Thanks Chery! Yes it's a painting of my spoiled siamese cat. It's on the second page of my portfolio (I think second? Maybe third lol). Anyway it's on my site if you want to see the whole thing. I just created that website 2 days ago and I'm still working on it so I'm not sure where everything is yet! :p
    rubberduck10 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2008, 02:52 PM

Ha ha that's funny!! (EVEN THOUGH ITS ALMOST 4 YEARS OLD LOL!) I'm just like the reason say, even though its almost 2009!
    Marleyboybob Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 09:50 AM
    ... and we are now in 2013!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First year choice for whom came to USA from China with h1-b at oct 31,2005 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi experts: This is really a good place with so many great experts.I need your help. My condition is below: 1.I arrived USA from China with h1-b at oct 31,2005.before oct 31,2005 I lived in China all the time. 2.my wife arrived USA from China with h4 at apr 20,2006.before apr 20,2006 my...

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

First Year Choice: 31 Days in 2005? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Atalanta Expert: I am planning to make 2006 as first year choice of resident alien. However, I called IRS they told me to files as resident alien; I need 31 days in 2005. I convert from F-1 to H1B on December 31, 2005. I already filed for extension in 2006 thinking that by June 2006, I will...

6th Year F1, Converted to H-1B last year [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ATE, Thank you so much for everything you have done for all of us. I really really appreciate your help and advice. You are THE man! My case is like that: I came to US on F1 in 08/2000, and had been on F1 until I got my H-1B visa on Nov. 1st last year. From last May to last Oct. I...

Which forms should my friend fill out for tax year 2005? [ 5 Answers ]

TaxExpert, We are in NYC. My friend worked under OPT for about 6 months in 2005 and then under H1B status. Other than 1040 and New York State income tax return, which form should she file? Thank you!

View more questions Search