Ask
    andycandy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Crime in society
    Why pschology is the main reason for crime in our society?:confused:
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Oct 22, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Because it is mostly based on the theory of love vs hate, nature vs nurture.
    If I hate my child they will learn only hate. If I teach them love they will learn love. Humans aren't like other animals it is thought that we have to learn emotions such as love and affection, if its not taught... you end up with a screwed up mass murderer for a kid.
    Basically you teach them to hate, and they will hate.

Everything humans do has to do with psychology, just thinking about something can be analyzed by a psychologist.

Does that help? It's kind of hard to explain.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Psychology is not the main reason for crime. You cannot blame the science of psychology for someone's criminal act. But you can use psychology to understand the criminal, his actions, his motives, the victim and effects of the crime on the victim(s). You also use psychology to assess society and understand trends, patterns, etc. that might lend to understanding crime and effect. Not forgetting the legal aspect - what does society say is just and fair and is the punishment always fitting? You throw in sociology in that pot and you have a life long study ahead of you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Natural Crime and Legal Crime [ 5 Answers ]

I need some help here I am doing a paper on Natural Crime and Legal Crime I need 1500 word and I am stuck at 895. Can anyone give me their thoughts on the subject?

Natural crime and legal crime [ 2 Answers ]

I need to compare and contrast the concepts of natural crime and legal crime. Can anyone help me out?

Natural Crime and Legal crime [ 2 Answers ]

What is the contrast between these two? What may be considered wrong in its self or wrong because its prohibited by law

When do someone commentt a crime? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it when he/she think about commenting it?:confused: Or when he/she has commented?:rolleyes: Or After commenting the crime?:cool:

Is it a crime? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm really curious, recently, my parents threw me out. (actually about 5 times in the last year). Right now I'm only 17. 4 of the times they threw me out, they didn't provide a place for me to live. Their lawyer told them they didn't have to let me stay there once I was 16. Is this true?

View more questions Search