Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josh411 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 02:55 AM
    "Lets take a break"
    So I'm getting off work and get a text from her saying we should take a break and stay friends until she figures some stuff out, yet she says I really do love you, and you are truly everything I want.

Please what I really need help on is.. How long to go without talking to her even if she texts me and says good morning or goodnight, because I think if I don't answer she might not ever want to get back with me because she will think I'm just ignoring her. I can't say I've been busy because she just started taking her "break" today... I don't know how long I can go without talking to her I would die just going a few days

Please help it just sucks, plus seeing her on Halloween is prob a no to, which I hurts so much more, after swearing, and crying all day and night today...
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Give it to her and go NC. It hurts but you will be fine!!

Concentrate on going out and keeping busy.
    madaman Posts: 212, Reputation: 25

Oct 22, 2007, 04:28 PM
    What you need to do then is to make it clear that you will honor her wanting space and time by not talking to her while she is figuring her 'stuff' out. You have to give it to her, and let her know that you can't really be friends and talk with her right now until she has figured out exactly what she wants. It is going to hurt, but being strung along with false hope will hurt a hell of a lot more in the long run believe me.
    snuffy Posts: 145, Reputation: 5

Oct 22, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by josh411
    So I'm getting off work and get a text from her saying we should take a break and stay friends until she figures some stuff out, yet she says I really do love you, and you are truly everything I want.

Please what I really need help on is.. How long to go without talking to her even if she texts me and says good morning or goodnight, because I think if I don't answer she might not ever want to get back with me because she will think I'm just ignoring her. I can't say I've been busy because she just started taking her "break" today... I don't know how long I can go without talking to her I would die just going a few days

Please help it just sucks, plus seeing her on Halloween is prob a no to, which I hurts so much more, after swearing, and crying all day and night today...
    Engage the logic side of your brain and not the emotional one.

She doesn't want you right now. Her problem.

Go out and date other women. Sleep with them if you like. Depends on your moral view whether you easily sleep with a woman.

But go out kiss women, dance enjoy yourself. Show her you are a balanced man who can handle her not wanting you. You will be dead one day and every minute of your life is ticking away.

Too short to waste time.

You may find that (if she really likes you and isn't fobbing you off) that she will be wanting you again. Passion restored.

Then the power is in your hands isn't it.

There is nothing wrong in doing this.
    enigmagnetic Posts: 333, Reputation: 45

Oct 22, 2007, 04:46 PM

Don't see her on Halloween. Maintain no contact. Break = break up I'm sorry to say and you must treat it as such. If you were truly everything she wanted she wouldn't be taking a break. Be very strong and show her no weakness and this will naturally make her respect you in a new light. Move on and act as if you will never see her again for now. I know it hurts you feel lost and confused but you must act properly. Good luck.

Oct 22, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Wow this is really does have people who care and help, thank you. So she did text me and said "how are you doing?" then again few hours later she said reply?

Should I just text her, and said I'm letting you have you break, so I gtg or what?

True if she did really love me and so on we could work it out

Help some more when you guys have time

You all are the best

- Josh
    madaman Posts: 212, Reputation: 25

Oct 22, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Well you need to make it clear to her that you are on a break which means the constant talking isn't going to work for you. If you are afraid she is going to be insulted by that, let her know that it just hurts/bothers/whatever too much to always talk to her, so you will respect her wishes of a break and live your own life in the mean time.
    Applejacks83irv Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Oct 22, 2007, 10:42 PM
    Hey man she seeing someone and she just putting you in the back burner so when she feel right to come back she going too, thinking every thing is OK and she put this story of I had to find myself is BS and she going to make you think she this good girl witch is a lie... another words she shopping around and you just waiting in the dark thinking... so don't call her or tex her trust me just (man up) and find you a girl that's much better... But if she comes back witch every man lets them you need to have a long talk with her and put all the cards on the table...

Oct 22, 2007, 11:12 PM
    She said "goodnight and sweetdreams, if you don't text me back, I won't text you anymore, so I text her once and said you need time I'm giving you time, but what if you move on? then she said "your over thinking things" I was like I know you want to move on and then she said "What the , now your putting works in my mouth. I have school. Goodnight, and that's that.

So...
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 11:41 PM
    She said "goodnight and sweetdreams, if you don't text me back, I won't text you anymore, so I text her once and said you need time I'm giving you time, but what if you move on? then she said "your over thinking things" I was like I know you want to move on and then she said "What the , now your putting works in my mouth. I have school. Goodnight, and thats that.

So....
    Josh
    What you must do is go NC as the others have said , she wants space and basically that means she doesn't want to be with you at the moment. A girl (or guy for that matter) doesn't request a break unless they have lost attraction , ask yourself would you? I know she said she still loves you but believe me they nearly all do that when requesting a break. For them that is a cushion so as not to hurt your feelings too much and not make them look as bad. She will be feeling guilty but will have thought about this for a while.

The text messages will only make you keep false hope. So go NC and if she really wants to be with you she will come back. I wish you all the best. And if you need to vent just come back here anytime and we will be here to listen and help if we can.
    Applejacks83irv Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Oct 23, 2007, 12:39 AM
    Hey homey give here this letter this will turn the tables homey then after you do this stay away no contact of any kind trust me... (her name) I'm going to be honest with you. I don't want this break, but I know you do, and I respect you so I will respect your decision. I'm sorry but I can't think we can ever be friends at this point in our lives because I need sometime myself to get through this. I don't know if we ever could get back together again but if we did we would have to work through our problems to make our relationship better. Your friend
    (your name)
    You see your planting a seed in her head and she going to think really hard about you... SO STOP after you give her this it will show you care but your not desperate so for the mean time go out get a hair cut, shave, and look your best and hit the clubs it will boost your ego and give you bigger balls trust me or hang out with friends or I tell you what go work out and push yourself and watch she see how much of a real man you are... this girl is loving that she playing yo-yo and all your doing is booting her ego making her stonger... I say after all that... call her in four weeks and ask her out for lunch or starbucks stuff but keep it short... look, the key is you, the new you, this new josh WORK ON YOURSELF, and who knows this new you might not want her anyway, it a big game, and to win is to work on yourself go out and do things

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Girlfriend of a year and a half.she wants a "break". [ 129 Answers ]

All right people. I'm feeling really down so I thought I'd come here to tell you my story and maybe get a bit of advice.. I've been going out with my girlfriend for a year and a half.. she's 15 and I'm 16. Our relationship had everything, we went to each other's house nearly every day, we went...

How can I break a rental lease that "cannot" be broken? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Florida rental lease that isn't up until July of 2008 (one year lease) The leasing agent said it COULD NOT be broken. I need to break my lease due to a family crisis back home in NC. I need to move back to NC ASAP. Anyone know anything about this? :confused:

Fianc?e needs a break/space/"a nap" [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all, first time poster here, so I apologize if I break any of the rules :confused: . My fiancée and I met about 3 years ago and started dating 1.5 years ago. After 4 months we were engaged and had planned to get married in Summer 2007 (I want to finish college). After a year of being...

View more questions Search