Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 01:15 AM
    All right, so my period is late. I haven't had sex in 2 months and I've had 2 regular periods since then. Even 2 months ago, I used protection and it did not fail. Now my period is late and I am confused, is there any chance I could have had 2 periods and be pregnant now?

I am having light cramps like my period will be coming, and also breast soreness like right before I get my period, but no period yet.:confused:

I know a lot about pregnancy and conceiving, but I don't know if there's some weird situation where you have regular periods and then don't, due to pregnancy?
    CindyLynn Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Oct 22, 2007, 02:34 AM
    Hi I'm Cindy. I am RN experience in Women's Health. Of course there is always the possibility that you could be pregnant from 2 months ago, but probably not. But the good new is this is a very easy mystery to solve. Go to your nearest dollor store and the cheapest pregnancy test you can find. You will only need one. If you are pregnant it will be immediately and without question positive!! Let us know what you find out. Chance are your body is just a little behind this month. Maybe you are late or maybe you won't have one at all, who knows. Are you stressed? New job? Moved? Many things can cause a missed or late period. I bet by the time you get to the drug store to get the test you get your period. Let's see :)
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 05:11 AM
    It is possible to be pregnant, have periods, then stop. But in your case I don't think you are pregnant.

There are many things that can throw off your cycle and cause you to be late or miss your period altogether.

To ease your mind you could take a HPT. Or visit your doctor, have them do a urine test. If all pregnancy tests are negative, your doctor may tell you to simply wait until next month and see if you have a period, or they will prescribe a medication like Prometrium to "jump start" your period this month.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 08:16 AM
    All right thanks. I doubt that I am pregnant but I was like, what, where's my period... 'cause it is usually like clockwork but the last few times it's been stupid and early or late... and the last time I had a risk at all was in July so I was just wondering. I'll probably wait a few days and if it doesn't come I'll go get a hometest.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 08:36 AM
    And I am really feeling cruddy today, sore breasts and a little more cramping, so I'm guessing I'm just a little late! Haha.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Ahaha, grabbed my keys to head to the store, stopped before leaving for a bathroom break... went and put my keys back on the hook. XD
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    Ahaha, grabbed my keys to head to the store, stopped before leaving for a bathroom break... went and put my keys back on the hook. XD
    Assuming you started?
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Yup. I was just like, wow, why hasn't it come yet? And now it has, but I was just thinking about it because there was a woman in my town that was pregnant the whole nine months and didn't know because she was still having irregular periods the entire time and I was like oh, great.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 06:43 AM
    See... there are MANY things that can cause your period to be wacky... including psychological :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Yep, I'm guessing I was just late 'cause of being stressed out over lots of things to do. XD

Thanks!
    KelseyBom Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2007, 02:09 PM
    My friend just found out she was four months pregnant... and she had the Same thing... she had two normal periods and then spotting a little the third month and then no period the fourth and that's when she found out... I guess it's possible to have some bleeding (you can look it up, I forgot what's it's from) when you first get pregnant... you should for sure take a pregnancy test! Let us know!
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KelseyBom
    My friend just found out she was four months pregnant...and she had the EXACT same thing...she had two normal periods and then spotting a little the third month and then no period the fourth and that's when she found out...I guess it's possible to have some bleeding (you can look it up, I forgot what's it's from) when you first get pregnant...you should for sure take a prego test! Let us know!

Yeah I've heard about that and I was wondering, but my period was just a few days late and seems normal, and I have no real reason to believe I was/am pregnant, so I'm not going to bother taking a test now, I'm pretty sure I was just late. XD
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 12:26 AM
    Don't dig up old threads, I am not going to bother reading the rest of your gibberish because you are just angry, and I can comment on any post that I want to thank you. Dat, U, R and N, are not words, you type like a mentally challenged person, so if you continue to harass me I will be emailing the webmaster and have you removed, thanks.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 23, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    Don't dig up old threads, I am not going to bother reading the rest of your gibberish because you are just angry, and I can comment on any post that I want to thank you. Dat, U, R and N, are not words, you type like a mentally challenged person, so if you continue to harass me I will be emailing the webmaster and have you removed, thanks.

I have already emailed an administrator about this person's unhelpful and just plain rude answers. And the funny thing is that I never posted anything on this thread, so why would Malin20 be talking to me?
    Vision Expert

Nov 23, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by malin20
    :eek: blah blah Two web butts U can do what u please. " i already told the administrator" One need to mind her business and the other needs to lose weight but continues to give advice. Please Whatever!!! :p
    You are the one butting into everyone's posts and giving inappropriate, rude, and unhelpful "advice". I am aware I need to lose weight, you are not perfect either. I have read your posts.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 23, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Problem has been handled. Please let me know if he/she continues to bother you ladies. I'll be more than happy to take care of it again. ;)
    Vision Expert

Nov 23, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Lol... thank you, I actually just got through emailing you...
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Hmm... We cannot rate her unhelpful answers anymore? I was hoping for something a little different, like her removal, but oh well.

Please don't post on this thread anymore it's way old.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 23, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Thread closed at the request of the OP

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

My period is late what to do [ 1 Answers ]

I am 19 days late of my period . I took a home pregnancy test it came back negative . What should I do

Late period [ 3 Answers ]

Is it bad that you usually get your period around the 12th then last month I got it the 15th and this month I am 5 days late... :confused:

Very Late Period... [ 1 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and have a 16 month old daughter, whom I am still breastfeeding, but not exclusively. She feeds now mostly for comfort. My period returned in September of last year. My last period started on the 17th November and was 6 days long. I am now about 50 days late. I have done...

Late period [ 2 Answers ]

Had my IUD removed a the start of Jan because of Period problems. Started period on the 6th of Jan and my birth control Ovcon35 that day. My cycle was 4 days long. I have not been under stress or anything like that. But as of today Feb 11 nothing. I should have started the third of Feb...

View more questions Search