Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2005, 07:08 AM
    Inethical Posts - E.g. Hacking Games
    I was just wondering what everyone's opinion is on the various hacking, boosting etc. threads that get started. Someone finds the site and posts, "How do I boost my rating in XYZ". Next thing we know Google has picked up this post and everyone searching for "XYZ boost" ends up here. Sure it makes the site popular but do we really want these kind of questions on the site?

Recently, I've been getting comments on my personal page from someone asking me how to boost Yahoo pool. He must have seen me on here and got to my page via my profile. Now I don't want this kind of stuff on my site and the only way I can really see of getting rid of it is to delete these posts.

What does everyone else thing? Should we ditch these posts? Should they be locked? Do you even care ;)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2005, 07:30 AM
    Personnaly I think the threads should be deleted. I hate these little kiddies who think they are smart and try scamming people.
    SSchultz0956 Posts: 121, Reputation: 10

Nov 1, 2005, 10:34 AM
    I concurr!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2005, 06:56 AM
    Scams
    Hi,
    I agree with deleting them. Get rid of them. They should not be showing up on Google or any other search engine. It can possibly give this site a bad reputation; even though no one gives any answers to them.
    I don't think this is "censorship" by any means. Bad language, trying to hurt another expert in a post, etc, has already been approved to delete; and is being done.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2005, 06:57 AM
    Comment on LTheobald's post
    Very, Very good idea... fredg
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2005, 06:58 AM
    Censorship is OK here - someone owns this website and they set the rules. If the poster doesn't like it they are free to go elsewhere.
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2005, 09:53 AM
    Well done!
    I see that our capable admins are laying down the law. My hat is off to you.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2005, 03:53 AM
    Comment on LTheobald's post
    Excellent point.
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2005, 03:53 AM
    Comment on SSchultz0956's post
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2005, 03:55 AM
    Golly, thanks. We're trying! :D

Please keep using the report bad posts feature.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 4, 2005, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Censorship is ok here - someone owns this website and they set the rules. If the poster doesn't like it they are free to go elsewhere.
    I tried rating this, but the spread around feature prevented it. I think that needs to be lowered even more or eliminated.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my full agreement with this statement. This site is a privately owned entity. It is NOT subject the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution. Instead, it is subject to a set of rules created by the owners. Therefore, there should be no problem in censoring posts that violate those rules.

There are, unfortunately, plenty of cheat and hack sites for gamers or script kiddies. This shouldn't be one! Any hint of unethical behavior should be dealt with.

Scott<>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hacking [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, I think I know c++ quite well. I wanted now to know something about hacking of which I don't know the 'h'. Could someone tell me how do I get started? Does knowing c++ well help to be a good hacker? How much is knowing unix releavent?

Very difficult hacking/virus problem [ 5 Answers ]

Question - Very difficult hacking/virus problem. My computer is suffering a lot of crashes etc, especially when on the internet. This is what happened... I received an e-mail said to be from paypal saying that I had been registered etc. As that wasn't true I opened it to read it. That's...

Hacking the passwords of windows [ 9 Answers ]

Dear sir, I have two questions. Firstly I want to crack any password of windows (family) Would you like to help me... Secondly I want to put a password on win98. Please help me to do this. Thnaks foir help

Is hacking legal? [ 4 Answers ]

I keep getting email messages that say things like Hacking With Trojan Horse Programs (Easy for beginners, Spy on your friends, family etc). Are these things legal?

View more questions Search