Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bulldozer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 10:45 PM
    Synchronise via VPN
    The minimum requerments to make synchronise works via VPN.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 02:11 AM
    Can you elaborate more on what you want answered?
    bulldozer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 03:41 AM
    Synchronise via VPN
    Dear Friend ,
    I’ve two companies “HTI Co. and KSH Co.” located in two different sites and connected together via VPN connection as following :
    HTI Co. : connected via leased line at 64 kbps up/down speed using CISCO router 2800 series
    KSH Co. :connected via leased line at 128 kbps up/down speed using CISCO router 2800 series
    I need more information if I can make for the offline files in KSH offices synchronize in order to reach the original files in HTI offices, is it possible with this current speed and what is the minimum speed requirement.

Many thanks for your help and support.
    tbakry Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer
    Dear Friend ,
    I’ve two companies “HTI Co. and KSH Co.” located in two different sites and connected together via VPN connection as following :
    HTI Co. : connected via leased line at 64 kbps up/down speed using CISCO router 2800 series
    KSH Co. :connected via leased line at 128 kbps up/down speed using CISCO router 2800 series
    I need more information if I can make for the offline files in KSH offices synchronize in order to reach the original files in HTI offices, is it possible with this current speed and what is the minimum speed requirement.

Many thanks for your help and support.
    There is not enough information to accurately answer the question. How much data are you trying to synchronize? By Offline files, am I to assume that you are trying to use one of Micro$oft's features? If so, how many users are you trying to set it up for? How often does it change and how large is the delta (difference between what it was and what it has become).

Are you trying to facilitate a more "robust" document access for traveling users? Are the documents simply too large for them to be loaded across the VPN? I think having more foundation and background for your question may yield a more positive and useful answer.

Generically speaking, If you have a functioning VPN connection and you are looking to maintain file synchronization between two file repositories on either side of the VPN, you may find that the best thing to do will be to invest in synch-ing software and to "seed" each site first by physically making a copy (like to a USB hard drive, Flash dirve, CD or DVD) and uploading it locally. Once the seed is "planted" on either side, you have a better chance of not flooding the leased lines, as it will only need to synchronize the delta going forward.

Cheers,

Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting Offices with VPN [ 5 Answers ]

Company with 55 (max) different locations. Each location has a static public IP address. Each location has max 13 PCs in the internal network. Locations need to be able to connect via VPN thus have the same Sub Net: I’m thinking (IP) Class B/ (SN) 255.255.252.0 /22 Q1: is this SNM a good...

Vista over VPN [ 4 Answers ]

Scott, we tried with both Home Premium and Business. I have to use OpenVPN to get to my company's servers across the country and we couldn't map the network drives.

VPN connection [ 2 Answers ]

In my office I have VPN connection, our office branches are in London, Kuwait, South Africa, Switzerland and Germany, sometimes I need to access users Laptop and PCs to fix their problems Can you please help me how can I access users Laptop and Desktop thorough VPN. :confused:

Share my files using a vpn [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I am trying to setup a private network between two remote computers. Each one of the computers connects to the Internet using a dial-up connection. I am running the windows XP VPN server in the first computer and I establish a VPN over dial-up connection between them. The VPN server...

Vpn [ 2 Answers ]

Cannot connect to VPN

View more questions Search