Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keatts16 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Does he?
    OK so I am 16, and a sophomore in high school. I like this guy who is 18, almost 19 and a freshman in college. (We were friends all last year and he is Amazing) I think he likes me, but I can't tell. He talks to me all the time. And even though he lives about 40 miles away, we talk almost every day. We are going to a concert this week as friends, and he is making a special trip down here for my birthday, also he is taking me to one of my school dances in December once again "as friend" (although neither of us ever said as friends, it was kind of implied I think). He is the most amazing guy Ive ever met. He is the reason I made it through my break up with my long time (first) boyfriend recently. So I guess what I want to know is 1) Does he like me? And 2) Would it be socially OK (legal? Nothing sexual) for us to date? Plus Ive always been really against the long distance thing... and like I said he is one of my best friends, and I don't want to lose that... he is the most important person to me that I have.
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Oct 22, 2007, 01:16 PM
    1. Well to find out if he likes you I would ask him. You obviously know him well and you guys seem like good friends so come up with a way to ask him.

2. I think socially it will be VERY difficult I've always dated older guys and I have found it to be quite a challenge. Legally you can date but you can't have sex.

3. Long distance can and will be difficult and you should take A lot of time to think about how hadr that would be on both of you.

I would also add however: not as someone that is trying to preach to you or school you just as someone that knows what you're going through I would like to say: BE CAREFUL

I have dated many older guys as I said before one was my best friend and older guys USUALLY only want one thing and you only want them so you give things up to keep them like sex etc. be careful because it is only their nature as hormonal teenage boys to want it.
    SDRAWKCAB-SDRAWROF Posts: 77, Reputation: 7

Oct 22, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Firstly I would like to say yay for the mentioning of socially rather than sexually, that's very sensible :)
    Secondly, OK, so he clearly regards you as a friend, especially if he's coming to see you. So definetely ask him if he likes you in that way even to get boundaries clear, but think of it this way, your guys have a close friendship and that is really valuable.
    However, regarding his age, keep wary of this, especially as regards to sex.

Good Luck :)
    Keatts16 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2007, 03:43 PM
    No sex. I'm a seconday virgin, and it is against his religion. Not to mention the fact that my uncle is the on campus cop at the university he attends lol
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Oct 24, 2007, 12:49 PM
    LOL well I hope everything goes good for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search