Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcey Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2007, 08:14 PM
    17 weeks pregnant and.
    I am wondering when you shouldn't lay on your tummy during pregnancy? Will I hurt the baby by laying on my tummy?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 21, 2007, 08:16 PM
    You won't be able to lay on your tummy much longer. LOL

Also, it occludes (closes) major blood vessels that supply blood and nutrients to baby.
    MaiaHoneybee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 07:46 PM

I'm 18 weeks and I am just now noticing a little pressure in my belly when I'm on my tummy, so I normally just hike a leg up to give me a little room. But you're body will tell you. If you're asking, that means you probably feel it, which means it's time to get a pregnant pillow or start sleeping on your sides/back. Actually, I heard sleeping flat on your back isn't good either. But I'm not sure. Good luck!
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

May 25, 2009, 04:44 PM

You may want to avoid also sleeping flat on your back. As the weight from the baby can put pressure on a major vessel and can cause light headedness and a drop in blood pressure. The best way to lay is on your left side if you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I am 28 weeks pregnant [ 11 Answers ]

I have been sick for 3 day and now it has blood in it do I need to go see a doctor

3-4 weeks pregnant.. . [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went to the doctor about 5 days ago and found out than I'm 3-4 weeks pregnant and I'm really excited but The next day I staarted spotting so I went to the E.R. Cause it really worried me a lot and they did a lot of test and told me it is OK but it has been about 4 days now and I'm still kind...

I am 4 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

K what happened was I found out that I am pregnant but I had a little bit of pain on my right side so the doctor told me it was a blatter infection so he gave me some pills for it then a few days went by and the pain did not go away so I went to the walk in clinic again and the doctor told me it...

3 weeks Pregnant! [ 2 Answers ]

I'v been trying to have a baby with my partner and I'm 3 weeks pregnant can I have my period?

View more questions Search