Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billyndi1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 06:20 PM
    How to start a moving business
    My wife and I are considering to start a moving business in Raleigh, NC. We want to start as local movers and start very small. We do not have a lot of capitol at all. Does anyone have any advice for us on where do we begin? Thank You... Billy & Diane
    jshrckstar Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Oct 21, 2007, 07:17 PM
    My suggestion would be go to eHelpingHand.com. I signed up with them in my area (Oregon) and created a free moving profile. They advertise for you, and the customers search for you for free. You are an individual contractor, and are not employed by them or anything, they simply advertise for you on their website. You are rated by the customers you work for, and receive a star rating? I believe. The better your ranking, the higher you are listed when customers search for moving help. Just thought I'd let you know, hope it helps a bit!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 01:10 AM
    Thank you for providing the above referenced site. I wasn't aware that it was out there. I will check it out to use for my own businesses.

As far as where to begin, I would suggest calling city officials where you are wanting to work, and see if you need to be licensed and bonded. You certainly will need at least liability insurance. For both liability insurance and also bonding, if it is needed, you would speak with an insurance agent.

Two really great sites to use for information and also advice when starting a small business are http://www.sba.gov/ and SCORE "Counselors to America's Small Business"

If you might be interested in advertising for free on the Internet, then I would suggest checking out the sites that are listed on the following link. Most of the best sites on which to advertise for free are listed there.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html

I also advertise in the Yellow Pages of the phone book. But, the majority of my business comes from my ads on the Internet and by word of mouth.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2010, 03:16 AM
    Thread is old and archived.

Thread is starting to attract spam advertising.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I would like to start my own moving company, but don't know where to begin. [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to start a moving business with my husband. He is currently working for a moving company, so I figured that it would be easy to learn the ins and outs. But he has been no help in learning the essentials. I don't really know where to start. What kind of liscensing I would need,...

Moving Business [ 1 Answers ]

I want to start a moving business how do I do so ?

Moving on slowly,but where to start? [ 18 Answers ]

This may be long... I think I am moving on from my past, but things get in the way. I feel like I cannot enjoy life, don't get me wrong I'm happy, but I feel I shouldn't be, like I don't deserve it. Without going into all the gory details... My mother had been a drug addict for as long as I...

Moving delivery business [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I worked as a mover an am wanting to start my very own moving company One thing I'm very concerned about is where to find the business If anyone out there has the answer to how moving companies get there business It would be very beneficial to me and very much appreciated :confused:

At the same instant start moving towars each other. [ 2 Answers ]

Dan and Matt are 100 hundred yards from each other. At the same instant they start waking towards each other. Dan move at the rate of 8 feet per second while Matt moves at the ratt of 7 feet per second. How long does it take them to reach each other. Can someone tell me how to do it?:confused:

View more questions Search