Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobha1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Lennox furnace blower doesn't come on when on "auto"
    I have a Lennox furnace model G23Q3/4-100-2. When the thermostat calls for heat, the igniter will light the pilot, the gas will come on and light, but the blower does not come on and the furnace will shut off after a few minutes (overheats because of no blower). I can turn the thermostat to on instead of auto and the blower will turn on and the furnace will work correctly. I replaced the thermostat and still have the same problem. The furnace is 11 years old and the control unit (Johnson controls G776RGD-14) has been replaced by a technician twice in the past. Is the control unit the problem again? Does this unit have a history of problems?
    Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 21, 2007, 08:28 PM
    It could be a fan limit controal if your unit has one. The Johnson part number you gave is for the ignition and not the fan.

Hopefully someone will be along that has a Manual for your furnace or more experience with lennox to help you locate the fan control part number.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Sounds like the control board is gone again. It uses a different relay for fan on and the furnace. Maybe check your control voltage, should be 24 volt.s
    sheese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 11:02 AM
    I bought a lennox 8 years ago. I have had nothing but trouble with the blower and the control board. When the blower has trouble it shorts the board and $350 up the flue. Never buy a lennox. I am getting rid of the lennox and get another furance.
    sheese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 11:02 AM
    I bought a lennox 8 years ago. I have had nothing but trouble with the blower and the control board. When the blower has trouble it shorts the board and $350 up the flue. Never buy a lennox. I am getting rid of the lennox and get another furance.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 11:39 AM
    More than a bunch of people have big regrets about buying a lennox, around my area you can`t find local parts ,they have to be ordered,, with a long wait

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Should I have the fan switch turned to "ON" or "AUTO"? [ 6 Answers ]

Should I have the fan switch turned to "ON" or "AUTO"?

Blower runs on "ON", but not on "Auto" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have a Goodman COMBINATION HEATING AND COOLING OUTDOOR UNITS PG/PGX SERIES (100K BTU). It failed to warm the space. The fan would not run on “ON” or “Auto” mode. Upon investigating, there is no power to the unit due to 25 amps fuses blown. Replaced with new fuses. Power was...

The blower doesn't start on "Auto" [ 10 Answers ]

Please someone help me. My furnace Lennox G20Q3/4E-100-5 behaves as follows: 1) Fan is on "Auto" 2) Thermostat calls for heat 3) Green light comes "On" on IPI module and then burner comes "On" 4) Flame occurs 5) Blower doesn't come "On". After a while, the burner stops due to safety. It...

View more questions Search