Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DianeHarris Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Paternity in Puerto Rico
    My husband has discovered he may have fathered a child outside of our marriage. It was before we were married but while we were "together" in a long distance relationship. Needless to say this is a very hard time. We have a daughter of our own as well as my stepson. This woman is manipulating my husband and will not talk to me. One of the hardest parts is that she apparently moved back to Puerto Rico after she found out she was pregnant and decided to tell my husband just a few months ago, the baby is now about 9 months old. He has been sending her money out of guilt and is tip toeing around her as to not upset her fearing she won't let him meet the baby. I, of course, don't think he should give her any money until we know that baby is indeed his. We can't afford a lawyer and go forth with a $600+ paternity test. What are the first steps we should take to establish paternity to a child out of the U.S. Is there an affordable route? Please help, I am so distraught. Any advice will shine some light.
    M de Gonz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2009, 04:04 AM

Dear Diane,

I'm also from PR and are more or less in the same situation. If you still a member of this forum?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Independent contractors - Puerto Rico [ 7 Answers ]

We have recently contracted several Sole Proprietors(US Citizens residing in Puerto Rico) to clean our facility in San Juan, Puerto Rico. While we are familiar with the standard 1099Misc reporting required for IRS reporting, we have heard that we may be required to deduct a percentage for local PR...

Do I need a visa to go to Puerto Rico? [ 3 Answers ]

I currently work in New York with a H1-B nonimmigration status. I wonder if I need a visa to travel to Puerto Rico? Do I need to have a US visa when getting back from Puerto Rico? Thanks a lot!

Property in Puerto Rico [ 2 Answers ]

My dad died in 1985 and left property without a will, this property is currently being rented and my oldest brother collects all the funds and makes sure the taxes are paid. There was 8 siblings, 3 have since died so there are only 5 left . We now have this property under contract for sale. We all...

Trip to Puerto Rico.Issue! [ 1 Answers ]

I will be going to Puerto Rico in 2 weeks. Is there anything I should know. Any recommendations? I am 22 and going alone. What are the best spots. I will be in San Juan. Thank you!

View more questions Search