Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justme5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Distorted hearing
    4 days ago my husband fired a gun just as I stepped out on the porch.The porch is covered with a concrete floor,which made the gunshot echo and louder.I was hard of hearing to begin with but I could hear enough to get by on and it wasn't muffled and distorted before the gunshot. Now I can barely hear and what I do hear is muffled and distorted,sounds like everyone is talking with a voice changer including me.I went to the er and they said I have inflammation of the inner ear due to the ear being traumatized.Can inner ear inflammation cause your hearing to be muffled and distorted.. And if it does will it clear up once the inner ear is healed.How long will it take to clear up.I was put on prednisone for it but so far it doesn't seem to be helping. Please help... it's driving me crazy..
    flowerears Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Hi! I am sympathetic to you, I have not had this happen to me... But I do feel I have some inner ear issues...

I am not sure how you are doing now, as this is months after your post. Hopefully you are in better spirits now?

If you haven't recovered, try taking vitamin B12 shots, ask your doctor... they help with nerve regeneration, tinnitus,and some ear problems. Its natural so its not like a medicine or anything.

Anyway I really hope you do recover, in the meantime wear earplugs when you do go to any loud places as it could cause further damage. Hearing is very important, so its good to protect your ears, with whatever hearing you do have.

I hope you are better now..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer screen distorted [ 3 Answers ]

I need help in getting my computer screen clear. All pictures and backgrounds are distorted. What can I do? Please help if you can. Thanks.

Page distorted when viewing in Firefox [ 2 Answers ]

The page: www.stgabrielradio.com In IE it's fine, but in FF the graphic at the bottom of the page has a tweak on it - at the left. How do I fix it? ... and how do I avoid things like this in the future? Thanks!

View more questions Search