Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joeyjo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 03:26 AM
    Belly piercing
    I had my belly button pierced about 6yrs ago and have never had any problems with it but all of a sudden it has started to feel irritated and looks a bit red. I took it out for a few days gave everything a good clean but have just tried to put it back in and it has instantly got irritated and red again..?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 08:47 AM
    I would guess the jewelry is the problem. Did you recently change the jewelry and then found the redness and irritation? Also, is the jewelry of good quality? Poor quality metals in jewelry can cause these problems.

Also, keep in mind that it may be rejecting, your body has a funny way of doing things when you think it won't. A piercing can reject at any time, even if you'd had it a long time.

Oct 22, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Thanks, ill try a different piece of jewelry then. I just have to keep taking it out and then its much better but I'm not ready to leave it out forever yet and I won't have the guts to get it redone if it heals! I was just worried it was something serious..
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 03:43 PM
    It is normal for a piercing to get irritated with jewelry change, no matter how old it is. When I change my piercings (some of which I've had for years) they still get red and a little "angry" that I messed with them.

When you put the jewelry back in, was it the same jewelry that you previously took out of it? If so, I can't see that the jewelry itself is the problem, otherwise you would have had problems before.

You said you left it out for a few days, right? When you put it back in, you might have had to break a few layers of skin inside of the piercing to get it back through. This could easily be the cause for the irritation. If it does not improve in a few days, I'd go to the doctor and have him check for infection to be on the safe side. :)

Oct 23, 2007, 03:30 AM
    I've put a diiferent one in now and it's better already, I think it may have just been the jewelry as I don't know how good the quality of it was.. It doesn't seem to be irritated now :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

How can I find a studiop that will pierce my belly if I live in Leeds,England

Belly piercing [ 8 Answers ]

Ok I got my belly pierced and when I clean it and every thing it still feels like there is soap in it or the salt water but I rinsh it really good so I don't no and I'm getting kind a scared I only hade it picered 4 days.I think it is healing really good though how long should I clean it for?I...

Self belly piercing. [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I really want my navel pierced but my mum being my mum she said no I've got everything you would need to get it done lying about my room and I no how to serilise it etc My questions are, Should you go from top to bottom or bottom to top? How much forse should you apply on the needle to...

Belly Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I just want to ask if the belly piercing causes cancer, because many people told me that it does since the belly is connected to our stomach and intestine! Thanks

How do you twist a belly piercing? [ 14 Answers ]

My piercer said to twist the belly ring when I'm cleaning it and so that it won't get stuck but do I twist it around in a circle or up and down?

View more questions Search