Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimihen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2007, 02:30 PM
    SSI or Social Security Disability and bank accounts.
    Hello,

I was wondering if there is a maximum amount that can be in a bank account if a person is receiving SSI or Social Security Disability benefits...

Thanks
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Oct 20, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Hello M

Ssi is a needs based social security program and social security disability is a program you pay into while working Why do you need to know about a maxium amount in a bank account?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security Disability Garnishment [ 12 Answers ]

Can my social security disability benefits be garnished to pay unsecured credit card debt?

Social Security Disability and Taxes [ 10 Answers ]

Can the IRS take any of my disability to pay back @ $16,000 that I owe them? They want me to pay $335 a month to them. Can I have this lowered at all? Can I just tell them that I want to pay $100 (or less) a month? Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Social Security Disability [ 10 Answers ]

In 1981 I had a head injury in the U.S. Navy with a 10% disability medical discharge. I suffer from sever and frequent migrains or cluster headaches. This has cost me over 18 jobs since then. I was wondering if I would qualify for SSdisability. Because of the medication I have to take to control...

Social security disability [ 3 Answers ]

I filed for SSI disability several years ago and received it. At the time I didn't know what was wrong with me. I have found out recently that I have lyme disease and the doctor thinks I have had it since I was in 8th grade. That would be over forty years. At the time I filed for SSID I didn't...

Teacher retirement disability and social security disability [ 1 Answers ]

I qualified for both teacher retirement disability and social security disability. I saw the quote (below) but I'm uncertain how or if it also applies to me. "If the disability comes from Social Security, it is tax free. If it comes from your employer, it IS taxable." Also, my son...

View more questions Search