Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cinderellataylor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Introduction letter
    I need help in writing an introduction letter to send to businesses. I started a pressure washing business and I would like to send letters out introducing my company and what we do. Something different and striking to make them want to call me. I don't mind doing a follow up call also.

Thank you in advance
    Nicole
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 20, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Hi Nicole,

There are many places to go to on the web to research for "Intro Letters." Just Google for the information.

Personally, I would ask yourself what would it be that your customer would be looking for? Sounds obvious doesn't it? However keep in mind that most of your competition will be saying a lot of things about themselves, which the prospect needs to hear. However, what is really going to make them purchase from you?

I would suggest that you sit down, put yourself in your customers' position and put together the positive things that the future customer would desire...

Possibly; the job completed on time, no damage to his/her property, show up and leave on time, security issues, proper equipment, very competitive cost, trusted, neat, clean personnel, etc.

I suggest that you call 10-15 potential customers and ask them if they would be kind enough to help you in a survey. First establish that they use your service, ask them for positive AND negative (very important) results from this service previously with other companies. Write down all the responses (as you go through this you will be able to add more questions for the next time that you call) and see which ones are more important to them. Remember, "when someone wants a hole put in his wall, he doesn't necessarily want or need to know what size nail or hammer you are going to use, he just wants to know the hole will be there and will be in the right place."

In almost ever case, no matter what you are selling, if everything else is equal; the customer buys from emotions. They buy because you have solved their problems, (didn't create any new ones) AND they FEEL good about their decision, they feel confident; "warm and fuzzy," they like and trust you and your company.

All right, I would BRIEFLY list needed information; name, phone number, what you do (again briefly). Then I would use "bullets" and address the things they want and need;

What will having their walls, driveways, etc, whatever you do, do for them? Will it make it cleaner, more attractive, remove graffiti (?), bring in more customers, make them the envy of their neighbors, etc. I would address these items and speak directly to this, "what this will do for them (period)."

Wishing you lots of business,

Stringer
    Anand Deo Ojha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 03:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cinderellataylor
    I need help in writing an introduction letter to send to businesses. I started a pressure washing business and I would like to send letters out introducing my company and what we do. Something different and striking to make them want to call me. I dont mind doing a follow up call also.

Thank you in advance
    Nicole
    I want sample of introduction letter of a company for client
    steverush Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2013, 04:47 AM
    My selling bedsheet and wallpapers, I need a latter of introduction to hotels telling them about my business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Introduction letter [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if anyone new a great way to write an introduction letter to network TV introducing my talent. I'm a comedian and I would like to send a dvd of myself to places like snl and ellen degeneris. But I need something that will catch their eye but yet still seem...

Dear all, I have to introduce a product in a new market. This product is already enjoying in international market. So help me out " How i should do?" What type of introduction letter should be float to the target customer? Regards Surya prakash singh

Self introduction letter [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir,I am running an HR consultancy for software companies.I need self introduction letter about my concern to IT companies?

We are started new small scale die making company,so we want to introduce our company To another company ,please give good format to intraduce our company

Letter of introduction [ 1 Answers ]

I am an interior designer with 20 years of experience. I am looking for a letter of introduction

View more questions Search