Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lasaphor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2003, 03:42 AM
    Log on and security
    Read in help that one should not log on computer as an administrator- how do I ADD MYSELF TO A USER GROUP CORRECTLY? Lfollowed help instructions but was ltold I did it incorrectly.  what are your thoughts...
    Thanks
    JP8 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lasaphor
    read in help that one should not log on computer as an administrator- how do i ADD MYSELF TO A USER GROUP CORRECTLY? lfollowed help instructions but was ltold I did it incorrectly.  what are your thoughts...
    thanks
    You want an administrator account or guest account? If guest account and you are using windows xp follow these steps: click start>setting>control panel>user account>guest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a new version of Norton's Internet Security. Now a box will pop up asking me if I want to allow certain sites. How can I make an informed decision when it just says hcm.exe. I do not know what program this would allow to execute. Can you tell me what hcm.exe is and how I can find...

Security settings [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can't seem to view pages when I click on pages for shopping or other sites that redirects me to a secure site. Anyone know how to fix the problem? Currently explorer is in 128 encription and all security settings in internet explorer option is selected (SSL, etc) and I can surf the web...

Security Flaws [ 5 Answers ]

For years I have been advised not to use IE because of browser bloat,security issues,and general boring look of its interface.So after trying Netscape,Opera,and a few odd browsers,which I will not mention,I've finally settled on Firefox.Reliable,open source,quick loading,and apparently,now that the...

Server Security [ 1 Answers ]

I have a good ISP. I recently loaded limewire. Limewire now wants permission to pass thro my firewall to load a Server. Is it safe to give permission?

Security [ 3 Answers ]

Recently divorcing and having utilized many different options to get information from husbands cell, computer, etc. via this site... I've come to realize that security is not as secure as one may think. Can anyone tell me a program or system (I'm not computer literate here) that can secure your...

View more questions Search