Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Oct 20, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Ybpr cables or dvi to hdmi? Or hdmI?
    I need to know what is best, and I would like to know why? I find the more expensive dvi to hdmi is not as high of a quality of 3dimension on my LCD TV from my HD cable box? The picture is clearer but the characters do not jump out the same as when I am using ybpr.
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Oct 24, 2007, 10:46 AM
    So if I get you correctly your have cable that is HDMI on one end and DVI on the other? Generally you will find that a component cable should give you a getter picture from a cable box. Reason, the HDMI protocol in a cable box SUCKS. In fact it has many issues connecting to other HDMI components, believe it or not they don't always speak the same language. HDMI is more of a convience item as it carries both the audio and video. But if you are donconverting to DVI you would need to run audio anyway. Good luck.
    mckissack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 03:02 PM
    All I can tell you is that my YBPR is much sharper than the HDMI and I am using Verizon FIOS with their cable box. Maybe it has something to do with going through the cable box, I don't know but the difference is great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hdmi hookup from TV to direct TV satellite receiver? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... I'm confused. I just puchased a Samsung 32" lcd hd TV. It comes with 2 hdmi outputs. I also purchased a Samsung upconvert dvd player, which comes with an hdmi input... so I've connected the dvd to the TV without a problem. That leaves me with one more hdmi output on the TV... so I thought I...

Lcd to Dvi [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew it they make a connector to convert an lcd cable to a dvi input. I have a Sony 19 inch widescreen monitor and it only has an lcd output and I'm trying to see it it would run on my 7800 with dvi inputs.. thanks

Repair of SE Cables [ 3 Answers ]

Are there recommendations that cover the repair of frayed Type SE conductors? I have seen many service entrance cables in bad shape, and some are so old where the insulation is very brittle. I understand that the code now calls for them to be sunlight resistant too.

Sony Bravia HDMI connection to DVD not working (Denon S-301) [ 0 Answers ]

I just got a Sony Bravia and hooked it up to a Denon S-301 using an HDMI cable, and got nothing. Is there some sort of "intelligent search" for components on either the Denon or Sony? If not, how do I get them to recognize each other? Thanks

DVI vs analog [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I really appreciated all the information on flat panel monitors I received yesterday, THANKS! I have another question concerning my video card. I am pretty sure that my current nvidia geforce2 mx/mx 400 is analog, it has 2 connections only, one is s-video and the other one is connected to my...

View more questions Search