Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 09:52 PM
    I found out there are reg. sexual offenders living close to public schools.
    I found a website while visiting the america's most wanted website. It is, watchdog.com. On this website you can search for registered sexual offenders within your zip code, or city. Also, you can sign up for an email alert if any sexual offender moves to within 5 miles of your residence.

My main question here is, in the state of Tennessee, is there a law that prevents these registered sexual offenders from living within a certain distance of a public school?? If so, I want to know whom to contact.

Thanks,
    MOWERMAN2468
    MoonlitWaves Posts: 171, Reputation: 52

Oct 19, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Here are some things I found while searching for an answer to your question..

This site contains the laws in Tennesee with regards to sex offenders and it is in depth. When you click on the link below, look to the left in the blue block with links. Click on Sex Offender Law. Adobe Reader comes up with extensive information on the laws for sex offenders. Read what you will, it is very long, but the information you are looking for is on page 20. The pages aren't numbered, so you will have to count at the page breaks. Page 20 starts the residential and work restrictions for sex offenders.
    SoSearch

This is also another site I found that agress with what the above site says about sex offenders residential restrictions. After clicking the link, scroll down to view Tennesee.
    States restricting where sex offenders live - USATODAY.com

Oct 19, 2007, 10:59 PM
    Also in the FAQ's section under the question, "There's a person in my neighborhood who I know is an offender, and he/she isn't registered. Why is that? In the answer it says you should contact your local law enforcment.
    http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/Press%20Release/sex%20offender%20FAQ'S.htm#Question8

There is also a hotline on the main page in the link I provided in my first post.
    SoSearch

Oct 20, 2007, 09:08 AM
    You're quite welcome

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First time offenders act [ 3 Answers ]

I am a first time fellon charge with a dui .I understand that in the state of Georiga there is a first time offenders act that say when applying for a job you don't have to disclose any information about any past conviction to an employer. My question is ,is that true and is there any law like that...

Sex Offenders [ 19 Answers ]

Hello: I don't happen to be a sex offender - but I could be. Yes, I've wizzed in public, and yes, I went further with some girls after they said no. You?? Or are you pure? excon

Sex Offenders [ 17 Answers ]

Are registered sex offenders allowed in public schools? What if the offender is the parent of a student? Do the laws on this change from state to state or is there a general rule of thumb among all of them? EDIT~ Let me rephrase this then because this is not anawering my question... I know...

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

View more questions Search