Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetmomof1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 07:23 PM
    4 weeks pregnant and wondering about ultrasound
    :confused: today I went to the doctor and he told me I was 4 weeks pregnant... he did an ultrasound and said he could see the sac but its to soon to see a heartbeat or the baby... just wanted to make sure this is true... I am alil worried about this... please help:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 19, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Yup, he is actually correct. At this point in time baby is still microscopic. The heart does not have a beat until approximately 5 - 6 weeks of development at which time it still may not appear on ultrasound.

While the first 8 weeks are the most critical time of development of major organs, brain, heart, etc, baby is still to small to be seen via ultrasound.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Yep... its true. You probably won't be able to see the baby until about 7-8 weeks, even then it more looks like a little kindney bean than a baby :)

Make sure you have a doctor you trust, the fact that you think your own doctor wasn't telling you the truth worries me. You doctor is there to care for you... they would tell you if something was wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I'm 16 and wondering if I'm pregnant. I need some answers [ 11 Answers ]

Okay I'm 16 years old and I'm kind of worried about something. I had sex with my ex boyfriend on July 7th. Well I was suppose to start my period on the 14th of July. But I never did. I'm not late for my period by 6 weeks. Because my last period was on June 16th. I just got over have a urinary...

I'm 15 and wondering if I'm pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and me and my boyfriend decided to have sex. I think I am pregnant now, but I don't no. I am always come on my period between the 11th and the 15th and I this month I started bleeding on the 8th. A lot of people are telling me it could be Implantation bleeding, but its not...

Wondering if I could be pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I had a period on August 2 it lasted 7 days and was heavy, which is how all my other periods have been. Then on August 21 I had a two day period and it was a brownish color could I be pregnant?

8 weeks along tomorrow and doctor wants to do an ultrasound? [ 7 Answers ]

:D I went to my OB/GYN today for my first visit and we did the whole 9 yards... PAP test, blood work etc. My question follows this... she said that she wanted to do an ultrasound when I was 8 weeks (tomorrow) to see how big the baby is and see if the size matches up with my last period. One of my...

View more questions Search