Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ekpemodels Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 07:03 PM
    How to start a modeling agency
    I would like to know if anyone has any specific resources that offers help on what steps to take to begin an agency. I live in Los angeles California... if anyone knows of any books, groups I can join, how to submit to ad agencies, and approx how much it cost to be a licensed agent please any insight will be of great help. Thanks
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2012, 03:26 PM
    1. You need to fill out a California Application for Talent Agencies

2. Here are the instructions for the application

3. The following are Documents required to be filed with the application, and it gives you an idea of the other requirements to become a fully licensed Talent Agent in California:

a. You must obtain a Talent Bond
    b. Affidavit of Character
    c. Personal Record
    d. Premise Certification
    e. Submit a sample of your Non-Exclusive Contract
    f. Submit a sample of your Exclusive Contract
    g. Sample Fee Schedule
    h. Request for Live Scan Service
    I. Certificate of Workers' Compensation Insurance
    j.Copy of Driver's License/Photo ID
    k. Fictitious Business Name Statement (if applicable)
    l. Articles of Organization (if limited liability company)
    m. Articles of Incorporation and Statement of Domestic Stock (if corporation)
    n. Home Occupation Permit or zoning permit (if applicable)

Reference: CA Dept of Industrial Relations

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Modeling career. [ 8 Answers ]

All of my life people have told me to be a model. Does anyone know of a modeling place that is hiring? :)

How do you break into the modeling industry? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been wanting to be a model since I was little and my mom has always took picutres of me and I love being in front of the camera, modeling is basically what I do best! Well I'm 15 turning 16 and I think its about time that I pursue it.. I was wondering if anyone who has experience can give me...

Teen modeling in japan [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter who is 15 wanted me to take her to a small modeling agency in our home town. I finally gave in and took her. They were so excited when we walked in that they took us to miami to 5 top agency's and everyone of them were throwing contracts at us. A large agency from ny even flew in a...

Modeling Agency [ 2 Answers ]

I've just been asked to review our Modeling Operation to determine how to make it more efficient and ensure they have the tools they need. I just want to get my hands on an effective book to help me do some research. We will be benchmarking agencies. But, I wanted to get a head start. Anyone who...

View more questions Search