Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CreativeNotHandy Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Odor Coming From Sink Drain
    What might cause an odor coming from my kitchen sink drain?
    It has a disposal which has been run recently and is working fine but the smell is persisting.

Any ideas?
    jstackhouse423 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 04:52 PM
    The smell may be coming from within the pipes themselves, for a temporary relief take an orange peel or lemon peel and grind up with the disposal. You can also get some drain cleaner that is safe to use with a garbage disposal, that will get rid of the food inside the pipes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Odor coming from under Kitchen sink [ 73 Answers ]

I have noticed an odor coming from the cabinets where the kitchen sink is. I have looked for any leaks where the sink is, but have not found any. Could the odor be coming from the sewage? How can I tell? If so, then what can I do to get rid of it? Any help would be a appreciated. Thanks.

Sewage odor coming from Shower drain? [ 1 Answers ]

What is going on? What needs to be done? Thanks.:eek:

Odor coming from shower drain [ 5 Answers ]

We’ve lived in our new house for one month. There is a pungent broccoli and dirty sock odor coming from one of the three bathrooms. Prior to moving in, the plumber dug up the slab to add a shower and moved the drain for the tub. This is a one-story and all drains in the bath are going to the same...

Sewage odor coming from bathroom sink only [ 1 Answers ]

We have a small 1/2 bathroom on the main floor of our house. We just started getting a sewage odor from the sink the last couple days. I pulled the drain stop out and pulled out hair, etc. I think I cleaned most of the stuff out. We just got a new washer and dryer and installed it downstairs about...

Mildew odor coming from the kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

There is an mildew odor coming from the kitchen sink. I have tried putting baking soda, lemons and bleach down it but nothing has worked. It seems like it is mainly coming from the garbage disposal side of the sink. On some days it is stronger than others, but now I have to keep the drain caps...

View more questions Search