Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    answersplease Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 01:49 PM
    A math riddle
    I am a number who is greater than 40 and less than 90. I am proud to be a prime number. My ones digit is also a prime number and so is my tens digit. If you subtract my ones digit form my tens digit, the answer is not 2. What number am I?:eek:
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 03:14 PM
    This is a matter of deduction. There only so many primes between 40 and 90. List them out and check the criteria.

41, 43, 47, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 79, 83, 89
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by answersplease
    I am a number who is greater than 40 and less than 90. I am proud to be a prime number. My ones digit is also a prime number and so is my tens digit. If you subtract my ones digit form my tens digit, the answer is not 2. What number am I?:eek:
    I say 71
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 07:18 PM
    No, 1 is not a prime. How about 73?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Riddle me this. Someone has to know this one! [ 36 Answers ]

Okay --- I have been bet that I cannot find the answer to this riddle... I need you all's help! Here it goes: WHAT IS ALWAYS TALKING WITH NOTHING TOSAY,SILVER AND ROUND ON BOTH ENDS,AND YOUR BEST FRIEND WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT?? My first guess was -- battery --- eh, I was wrong... ...

A riddle [ 9 Answers ]

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a 'drop off', (The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on), and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse, which is the same size as...

Math Riddle [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with the following riddle. I am thinking of a number between 1 and 25,000. It is a even number. The digit in the ones place is 4. The digit in the thousands place is odd. The digit in the ten thousands place is the only even prime number. If I multiply the digit in the tens...

A little riddle [ 2 Answers ]

If you seen the batman movie with riddler in it, don't answer this please. However, for those of you who haven't seen it, or don't remember seeeing it, here is a riddle from the movie: We are 5 of an everyday sort, You can find us in A Tennis Court What are we?

Riddle [ 1 Answers ]

Twice eight are ten of us, yet ten is just three. Seven of us are five. Can you now see? If this is not enough, I will tell you a bit more, Nineteen of us are eight, and nine is just four.

View more questions Search