Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    young lady Posts: 10, Reputation: -2

Oct 29, 2005, 03:18 PM
    I may sound insane but...
    Hi, you may think I'm crazy but please help me! I'm still in middle school but I want to get pregnant, but I don't want to get in trouble from my mother, but I really want a baby! If you got to know but never saw my face you might think I was 21 or over! So I know that I'm responsible enough! How do I deal with this problem? How do I achieve my goal without getting embarrassed or in trouble? Please I NEED HELP!! Anyone reading this message, even if you think that you might seem crazier than me, anything would help, please post your opinion, or suggestions! Please I'm desperate!
    Thanks.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2005, 05:57 PM
    You may look 21 but that doesn't make you 21. Are you really ready to support a child and yourself yet? You only have a middle-school education. What kind of job could you possibly land where you'd be able to support yourself and a baby? Also who'd take care of the baby while you're working? 40 hours a week at McDonald's at the minimum wage of $5.15 an hour won't cut it. That's $206 a week before taxes ; hardly enough to pay for diapers, let alone all the other living expenses. More so, a lot of national chains such as McDonald's won't hire anyone under 16 or 17, whether you have working papers or not. No man who's old enough and educated enough to have a decent paying job would lay a finger on you as he'd be in trouble for statutory rape and end up in prison. A father can't support a child when he's locked up in prison. Anyone your own age who could potentially father your baby would not have any more earning power than you do. You may indeed love children and think that you'd be a good mother and where strictly emotional nurturing is concerned perhaps you would be. However, there's much more to it than just that and there are many practical aspects of child rearing that at your age you are NOT prepared to deal with. Wait until you have some really marketable skills and find yourself a man who likewise has marketable skills. Then you'll be assured of being able to support yourselves and a baby.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 30, 2005, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by young lady
    Hi, you may think I'm crazy but please help me! I'm still in middle school but I want to get pregnant, but I don't want to get in trouble from my mother, but I really want a baby! If you got to know but never saw my face you might think I was 21 or over! So I know that I'm responsible enough! How do I deal with this problem? How do I achieve my goal without getting embarrassed or in trouble? Please I NEED HELP!!! Anyone reading this message, even if you think that you might seem crazier than me, anything would help, please post your opinion, or suggestions! Please I'm desperate!
    Thanks.
    Sorry dear, I cannot and will not give you any advice unless you can convince me why the hurry and that you are ready to take on the responsibilities of being a single mom. What kind of trouble would you get into with your Mom? If she loves you and understands your mental make-up you should not fear reprisal - that in itself is one minus point. In your own words, tell us why and what your plans for the future for you and your child would look like. And before you do, please take off those rose-colored glasses. This is not a judgement, but a hint to take a serious look at why - i.e. how was your own childhood?; do you want something that just belongs to you? There are many reasons and I for myself would just like a few of them, OK? Get back with us with your deep and true reasons. I'm well aware that some young women make great mothers, and some older women make terrible ones, depending on how they were raised themselves and their present values in life, so don't be embarrassed here with us.

young lady Posts: 10, Reputation: -2

Oct 30, 2005, 06:39 AM
    Sorry
    Sorry you guys I was just trying to see if anyone would reply to a newbie so I thought I'd post something dramatic! I hope you're not mad! I'm really sorry. REALLY SORRY!
    Thanks, and again I'm sorry.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 30, 2005, 07:28 AM
    Welcome to the forum
    For every action, there is a reaction and you certainly got them. Now please tell us the real reason for joining a forum. If this is your first time, please introduce yourself like you would anywhere else, like interests, hobbies, dislikes, etc. That would be nice so that we can get to know you as a new member of our little family. If there is any special interest or issue you'd like to talk about here, let us know, you'll get a lot of feedback. There is no need to 'shock' people to get their attention.

If you love children, are there any around that you could babysit? And mentioning your Mom - do you have anything you'd like to talk to us about? There must have been a reason for you to mention her no matter what the issue, so if you like, you can start there. Please, there is no reason to be sorry - just change your tactics on meeting people - and we'll help you. At least you have the sense not to join a 'flirting forum'.

So, let's start over... Welcome and keep in touch.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 30, 2005, 09:29 AM
    Your Masturbating and Homework issues...
    Boy when it comes to shocking, you really outdid yourself here. Please be a little more selective next time.

Also, what I posted about the homework applies to all posts here:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chery
    Does this apply to free advertising as well? I was under the impression that
    This was not the reason for this forum. I did respond to one advert stating this
    Was not the right place for them, so can I get a clear answer on this and the
    Issue below please.
    Also, when someone expects us to actually do their homework for them, and
    We reply that they do it and run it by us, is this wrong, or are
    We actually obliged to do their work? Would it not be better to refer them
    Appropriately when possible?

ANSWER:
    Using this forum for ads is against the rules. Any posts that violate the rules
    Are subject to removal by the mods. Posters who frequently vioate the rules
    Are subject to be blocked.
    Under the Education category there is a Homework Help sub category. But,
    In my opinion, homework help should be very restricted. In most cases, such help
    Should consist of giving the asker direction so that they can find or figure out
    The answer. Just doing the work for them is wrong. Sometimes question are
    Very specific and might need more detailed answers, but that would be the
    Exception.
    The purpose of homework is to help the student learn. Doing the work for
    Them doesn't always help them learn. Anyone helping with a homework
    Question should keep that in mind.

So, you see you are welcome to guide someone in the right direction, but it's not adviseable to show your talents for someone else's benefit.

C.U. on future posts... ;)
    lylcoop Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2005, 01:11 AM
    Unconditional love
    Hello Chery,
    I am wondering if maybe you are looking for unconditional love, and you think maybe a baby could provide this for you? Do you receive enough love from your family in your opinion? This need for a baby does not stem from a need for responsibility, or because you are capable of being a good mom. It stems, I think, from a need for love. What do you think?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 31, 2005, 01:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lylcoop
    Hello Chery,
    I am wondering if maybe you are looking for unconditional love, and you think maybe a baby could provide this for you? Do you receive enough love from your family in your opinion? This need for a baby does not stem from a need for responsibility, or because you are capable of being a good mom. It stems, I think, from a need for love. What do you think?
    Since she did not mean wanting a child 'serious', I think she wants and needs attention which I hope she gets from the right place/people soon, as when you read her other posts, you'll know what I mean.
    Happy Halloween!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help with this movie I'm going insane [ 1 Answers ]

All I remember is it was set in space and was based around humans and aliens dueling in an arena. I think it was 80s possibly early 90s and I'm sure one of the monsters looked a little like a giant cricket, and its weakness was its stomach, and another alien had cybernetic attachements please...

Getting insane - jakarta commons fileupload [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was reading an article about the org.apache.commons.fileupload component here: http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/06/25/commons.html?page=3 and also here: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/using.html and it just seems not to work for me. I would appreciate your...

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

No sound [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I recently practically replaced everything in my comp and upgraded it all, replaced the hard drive with a larger one, everything works just fine accept one thing, no sound when I watch something say in either wmp or quicktime, any program I get no sound, video works great, but no sound, I can...

View more questions Search