Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Hillary says she is progressive
    Progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    Glenn Beck says that is probably one of the most honest replies she (or any politician) has ever given.
    What do you consider the pros and the cons of progressivism??
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Hillary is progressive in that progressives believe in statism and in state solutions . Glen Beck is correct because the term liberalism has been hijacked by them . She is a statist and has more than most pols. Prefected her manipulation of the machines of power. All her policies would increase the power of the state .
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Oct 19, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Whatever you think it is supposed to mean, it actually means the exact opposite. That's the key to understanding liberal terminology.

Liberalism isn't liberal or liberating at all. It's main concepts are to limit the amount of money you can earn, the guns you can own, the foods you can eat, the places that you can smoke, the religions you can worship publicly, the decisions you can make for your children, the amount of fuel you can use, the amount of energy you can use, the amount of carbon dioxide you can produce, etc. What's liberating about that?

The same is true of everything the liberals give names to. Their "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" was neither comprehensive, nor did it actually reform anything.

"Universal Low Cost Health Care" will not be universal, will not be low-cost, and will not actually care for anyone's health.

"Campaign Finance Reform" did nothing to reform campaign finance except limit free speech and create "organizations" that do the campaign finance instead of the candidates themselves.

"Affirmative Action" is neither affirmative nor active in helping its target.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

The word "progressive" is another of those terms that mean the exact opposite of what you think. It doesn't actually bring any kind of progression of any sort. In fact, the entire liberal/progressive agenda is actually REGRESSIVE because it creates an entire underclass of people that are reliant on the government for their livelihoods. That is nothing less than feudalism at its core. Those on the "progressive" welfare programs for extended periods are no better than serfs who relied on the local baron to protect them from the ravages of life, and who's very existence was at the mercy of the baron. In what way is that a form of progress?

Elliot
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 11:04 AM
    A work in progress rather than stagnation. Historically, the Democratic Party has supported organized labour, ethnic minorities, and progressive reform. It tends to favour greater government intervention in the economy and to oppose government intervention in the private, noneconomic affairs of citizens. …

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hurting or Helping Hillary? [ 17 Answers ]

Is her husband Bill helping or hurting her chances? Making her appear less capable and needing his assistance? Causing voters to wonder too much whether he will or won't try another Lewinski scenario? Or is all this totally irrelevant?

Past Progressive [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me which is grammatically correct: I was trying to call you at 6 last night. Were you watching T.V. Or I tried to call you lat 6 last night. Were you watching T.V. Thank you.

Never, Ever Use Progressive! [ 10 Answers ]

NEVER, EVER USE PROGRESSIVE! I believe, Progressive inc. does a bait and switch to their loyal customers when they change addresses! YOU BE THE JUDGE! Timeline: Jan 10, 2006- I move from the Santa Monica area to Pasadena Jan 13th- My old Progressive policy EXPIRES for $620 every 6 months...

View more questions Search