Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    facerstreet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 07:55 AM
    OSAP grant collection process
    In the school year of 1989-90, my wife received an OSAP study grant of $755.
    A few months ago we received a reassessment adjustment to $60 (they determined it was a grant overpayment) and that she now owes
    $695 difference ! How can they reassess 17 years later? I find this preposterous, and there
    Is a collection agency now working on their behalf. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Larry.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Hello Larry:

I can't believe they made a reassessment 17 years after the fact. If they did, they don't have enough REAL work to do. I'd call the department who did this and ask. Then I'd complain.

Legally, they can't sue you after this long. But, if they think you owe it, they can bother you about it and ding your credit.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a grant for my G.E.D [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get a grant to get my G.E.D. I am a single mom with no extra money. I am trying to get some kind of help. I am getting no without an education. I want to be able to be a good provider for my little girl!

Bankruptcy and osap loan [ 19 Answers ]

I have a osap loan which I have to pay back through royal bank. (I live in ontario) I filed for bankrupcty in 2002 and I still owe on the loan because I've been out of school less than 10 years. After the bankrutpcy in 2005 I was required to start repaying my loan (nobody could touch me during the...

Can I get a grant if. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if I can still get a college grant or loan if I have a co-sign for someone.:confused:

Where to get a grant [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody help me, does anybody know where to go get a grant, I don't won't to apply on line. I would like to go there personnely and apply or call. Thank you redpool

Process for Resolving a Summons for Collection of Debt [ 1 Answers ]

Hello again, I am writing again because I am hoping to get some help on a summons I received in the mail on Saturday, February 3, 2007 regarding collection of debt. I reside in New York City, the debt collector is Midland Funding LLC. I planned on appearing in court to resolve the summons...

View more questions Search