Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froob_at_computers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 09:04 PM
    No post, no beep, no signal
    Hi, recently changed my motherboard. Got everything up and running and it was fine for a couple weeks. Then my power supply and cord that was attatched to it blew so I bought a new psu ( 450watt ) and put it in and it was fine for an hour. It reset while I was playing warcraft 3 then I went into the bios to changed something ( can't remember what ) but it wouldn't start. I went back in and changed everything to default then saved and exit. Now the screen gets no signal but all the fans and lights are on. I've tried the psu,vid card and ram in a athlon 1800+ and a celeron 1.3ghz and their all fine. I've also taken the cmos battery out for the night and put it in when I got home from school.. yet no change. I should also mention my dvdrw opens but my dvd drive doesn't I've tried unhooking the dvd drive but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    My specs:
    Athlon 2600+
    1gb ram ( 1 stick ) brand is legend
    geforce ti4400.. =(
    80gb hd
    mobo is an albatron KX400-8xV Pro

If you need to know anything else tell me ill do my best to find out although I'm not too great on computers... still learning =P
    javi_3081 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 11:08 AM
    First are u check the mother board espesifications is same as you change? Because the old have different drivers and the new have other you can star for that format and install drivers again maybe you have confict between old drivers and new if you what more info please email me at [email protected] or contactme on messenger thanks
    froob_at_computers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Ended being a leaking cmos battery.. these forums are rather useless arnt they? That last guy told me I should re-install windows even though I couldn't see the post just saying this cause there might be other people with my problem.. rip out your cmos battery and check the bottom of it for any spills and clean your batery holder with alcohol
    Ochee Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2007, 11:40 AM
    I wouldn't say that they are useless. I would have mentioned the CMOS battery to you as it was the most likely way to reset your system after your botched overclocking attempt.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by froob_at_computers
    ended being a leaking cmos battery..these forums are rather useless arnt they? that last guy told me i should re-install windows even tho i couldnt see the post just saying this cause there might be other people with my problem..rip out ur cmos battery and check the bottom of it for any spills and clean your batery holder with alcohol
    Do you know how rare a leaking CMOS battery is? You said you changed the mobo so we assume it's a new one, that makes the leaky battery option even more remote.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confusing beep sound [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I've recently started working on Celeron 1.5v processor,64MB RAM & it keeps giving out this continuos beep sound,but not like a normal beep code(nothing related to RAM,PROCESSOR) its like a tune type of sound & I've tried stripping off IDE's, RAM and still get the sound.Its no-where in...

No Signal to Monitor, No Beep from MB [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I just built a PC from a barebones kit and no matter what I try I can't get a signal to a monitor, the mobo doesn't beep, and none of the front panel lights come on. I've tried disconnecting everything but the power supply and the CPU fan, but I still get the same result. Thinking...

Computer Beep [ 2 Answers ]

I have a four year old Gateway Solo . It is running Windows XP.When I turn my computer on I hear a loud beeping sound for 15 seconds. A delay of 5 seconds.then 60 seconds of a loud beep. This happens all the time now. I do not get a code on the computer. A few times the computer did not boot....

Blue screened & began one continuous beep [ 4 Answers ]

Desktop went to Blue screen & began one continuous UNSTOPPABLE beep. Removed the hard drive and tested it in an external drive case with my laptop, it's fine. Reinstalled it and got the BLUE-DEATH and BEEEEEEEEPPP again :mad: Any opinions about what went wrong?

No Signal [ 3 Answers ]

Just built a new system. Pretty sure most of the specs are irrelevant except that you should know it's onboard video. So far the best I can come up with is that it's a faulty motherboard. Basically what happens is... nothing. I hook everything up, power up the computer and... nothing. Nothing...

View more questions Search