Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

Oct 18, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Number pad
    How can get my number pad to work again? I have no idea how I shut it off to begin with. I have a Dell running Windows XP.
    Zayne S Halsall Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

Jan 2, 2008, 10:09 AM
    This generally depends on what type of keyboard you have, which in turn depends on the type of computer you have. Most modern personal computers have standard 104-key US layout keyboards (QWERTY): Image:Qwerty.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If this is the type of keyboard you have you'll find your "number pad" can generally be made to function by hitting the Num Lock key, usually found at the top left of the numeric keypad.

If you have a laptop, you will mostly find that the Num Lock key doubles as a key of another function as well, and you will have a "Function" key (often labelled FN or similar) that will enable you to switch Num Lock on or off. Of course, the number pad has the same set of double functions as well, and is found in the middle of your normal key layout.

Should none of this information help you, or if you should be speaking of something else entirely when speaking of your "number pad", please feel free to update your post with a bit more information so that it will make helping you easier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

Pad lock [ 2 Answers ]

Hi every one I am new and I have a small question that I can't figure out I have a pad lock and I don't no witch way to tern the dials can you help me please it's a 4 digit

Garage pad [ 5 Answers ]

Building garage pads

Ibm think pad [ 3 Answers ]

I can't fiind a better video driver 4 win 98se I have one vftprw8m it doesn't work, I really need another , this driver runs at 16 color , I need better, plsssss help me

Prepping for a garage pad! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey fellas, getting close to starting this project and here is what I got listed so far. 1. Bobcat work, getting a contractor to come in a clear out a patch and remove the topsoil from my property. He'll go down at least 8 inches, and will keep going till he hits the hard clay. 2. I'll rent...

View more questions Search