Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michael Watkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2005, 07:19 AM
    Emergency Heat Light
    My emergency heat light comes on much too often if its 40 outside the heat strips take over can you tell me why?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2005, 08:45 AM
    If it has always been that way, it may be wired up wrong, misadjusted, or a bad temperature sensor. If it is a problem that has developed later, the system may not be working well enough to produce the heat you need without it, or there could be a problem with the controls. Post back with more details. Maybe somebody else here can help. I don't know that much about heat pumps, and haven't seen too many other good answers on them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane gas/electric. Heat will light but won't stay on [ 4 Answers ]

I have a trane single packaged gas/electric 2 1/2 ton. The gas will light but after about 5 seconds goes off. It does this three times then the system goes into system lockout, no heat. You can reset power and it will start the whole process over. I have changed the ignition plug, flame detector...

Emergency, How can I re-ignite the pilot light? [ 2 Answers ]

Need help! The pilot light disappeard, and I tried to re-iginite by match, by lighter, but all fail. I need emergency help from you, please! :o

Supplemental Heat Light [ 4 Answers ]

Why is my supplemental heat light on when the A/C is running. I can feel warm air coming from a couple of vents. Can the heat pump be disconnected for the time being or does it run with the A/C as well Thanks, Rainey

What to do. Emergency! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey.. Its this girls b-day and I fought with this girl because she is big headed and she said that she would date me if she doesn't like the guy anymore.. so she is lineing me up.. so basically I got in a fight with her.. so what shall I do now.. how can I get her. shall I be an asshole.. and its...

View more questions Search