Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sosimba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Tick head embedded in my skin
    Should I be concerned about the tick head embedded in my skin. Removed the body but head remained
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 02:34 PM
    No, your body will eventually push it out. If you want to get it out, get a pair of tweezers.

If the tick's head remains in your skin after you remove its body, Dr. Oz says not to worry—the saliva and viruses are contained in the tick's body. "If you want to get [the head] out like a splinter, then get it out," he says. "But I'll give advice for moms out there—if your kid has a little bit of the head left in, the body will push it out by itself. I wouldn't strap the kid down and go after the head of it. That's not where the infection is. The infection was the body that's already gone."
    Source: Dr. Oz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Colleges in us for embedded systems [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me the colleges or universities which gives MS in embedded systems in US.also give me the email id of some professors over their. I am doing BE in electronics and telecommunication from pune university, INDIA.what are the prerequisites for ms in embedded systems.

Small head, kind of big body, brown skin and panda eyes [ 4 Answers ]

OK. I have this little annoying sister. She has a small head for her body, she hates her skin color, and has really dark circles around her eyes. She is really annoying and complains about those things everyday. And I hate it. She is skinny but she has a little fat on her like on her, well...

Head from skin falling off in chunks [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what's wrong with me. The skin on my head is falling off in chunks. There is no appearance of any marks or sores on my head... does anyone know what's wrong with me?

Word embedded in Powerpoint [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Word document embedded in Powerpoint, when it opens up I want it to open in the FULL SCREEN, print view (don't want any of the tool bars, etc... showing when it opens). Any idea how to do this? Thanks

Embedded pole foundations [ 0 Answers ]

I am planning a cabin for part-time use. Does a pressure-treated, embedded pole foundation save that much over a reinforced footing and concrete block? To be sure of being below the frost line, I like the footing bottom to be about 32" below grade. Your input will be appreciated. Stoker

View more questions Search