Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    askmaya Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Softwares needed to work on ASP
    Dear sir,

I would like to know the software required for working on a project in ASP. I have XP professional as the operating system. Will I be able to view the project in internet explorer, like the way I see on the internet? Also, tell me about personal server installation.
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Nov 3, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Go to Microsoft and download the free Visual Studio software.
    valesyde Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 07:43 PM
    To be able to view asp pages on your local computer you will need to turn IIS(Internet Information Services) on.

Here is a link on how to turn on IIS. Installing IIS on Windows XP Pro « Boeun Blog

Then you can create asp files with Notepad if you wanted. However a good free tool is Microsoft Visual Web Developer.

When you turn on IIS it will create an inetpub folder under your c: drive. That is where you put you .asp files to view them in internet explorer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

P2p sharing softwares for Ubuntu? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good p2p sharing softwares for Ubuntu LInux? I was thinking about amule but I'm not sure if that's good..

Evaluation or Trial period softwares [ 6 Answers ]

I have so many softwares, downloaded from net. Most of shareware... I have found some software's key but some are Trial period. After some days or weeks it will close and I can't run it again. Is there any solution for cracking these type of limited softwares from Registry(regedit)? I have...

OEM Softwares [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I really want Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional Full-Version but it's over $400! I just recently received a SPAM mail that directed me to a website that sells Adobe Acrobat 6.0 OEM for only $50. The website says it is functionally identical to the $400 retail version and it is completely legal....

View more questions Search