Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EstherQuan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt
    Hi,
    I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three and a half years ago. My husband loves my daughter and she loves him, and he wants to legally adopt her. How do I go about doing this?
    Any help would be helpful.
    Thnak you.
    Esther
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 18, 2007, 08:41 AM
    You get an attorney to draw up the adoption papers. Part of the process will be getting the bio father to relinquish his parental rights. The attorney will advise how.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can my husband adopt my daughter since the biological father is deceased? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 9 years old and her biological father just died July 30th. My husband has been in her life for 7 years and I would like him to officially adopt her now. Also, I get social security for her every month so will that stop if my husband adopts?

Adoption of my daughter by her step father [ 2 Answers ]

I have remarried legally in register office for the 2nd time, since I am a legal divorcée, I have a girl baby, which is 5 years old from 1st husband, her bio-father has not taken up any responsibility and even visiting rights, since he also got married and settled. Now my 2nd husband wants to...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

Can my husband adopt my daughter if her father is not around? [ 13 Answers ]

I live with my husband and I have my daughter,which is not his biologically,but I also have a son that is his,so I was wondering if it is that he could adopt her without the father's consent,keeping in mind that her father is nowhere to be found.

Step father rights to adopt? [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my partner have been together over two years we have a baby together and I have a son from a previous relationship. My partner James has always looked upon my son as his own and has been there since he was 6 months old. My sons dad doesn't have contact with him as I got fed up of doing all...

View more questions Search