Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gllutz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 03:56 AM
    Judgement placed on real property in MD
    A judgement was placed on me in 2005. The government attached a lien on my property and I just found out yesterday. Earlier this year I took my name off the title and the house now belongs to my husband. We are in the process of selling the house when I found out about the lien. The government said that the lien stays with the house even though my name is not on it anymore. Can anyone help with a solution?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 04:08 AM
    What type of lien is it? Not enough information to answer.
    gllutz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 05:17 AM
    It is a judgement against me that I owe for a restitution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delinquent real property tax [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find out when a county can sell property under foreclosure for unpaid property tax (on land and house)? It is Mercer County in West Virginia specifically.

Depreciation of real property [ 1 Answers ]

When accumulated depreciation is posted; thus lowering the booked value of a property; what is the offsetting entry. What entry will make the accounts balance. Thanks

Question re title to real property [ 2 Answers ]

I have paid taxes on a piece of real property - vacant lot - in Arkansas for over 8 years. I have checks and paid tax bills to prove my payments. The lot has not been maintained by anyone during that time. What are my title rights? Thank you.

Are they real property! [ 3 Answers ]

We are going to be putting our home up for sale in the next few months and, I have seen and heard of horror stories that have arisen in real estate transactions. I already know not to get to friendly because, this purely is a business transaction. I will be very cordial and try not get wrapped up...

View more questions Search