Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Magen Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 12:25 AM
    Real Estate Agents in Florida
    I keep getting mixed reviews.. I know Real Estate might not be doing its best right now, but any comments, complaints, suggestions, on being a Real Estate agent in Florida (mainly South Florida).

Thank You! :)
    MarkRealEstateConsultant Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 18, 2007, 11:32 AM
    It's a tough time to get into real estate - the stronger agents are doing OK (not as well as before). The newer, weaker agents are getting out of the business by the hundreds.

Real Estate is a professional services business. If you know your product (real estate law, building trends, good vs bad investments in the real estate market, the neigborhoods, schools, the economic situation of your area, etc) and you are well connected to a lot of people then this is a fine time to start.

The professional, knowledgeable, personable agent will do OK. What you may lack is the reputation and reputation brings referrals.

Do an honest assessment of your skills and income requirements - and then make a decision

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

S. Florida easement/Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

The neighbor is tearing their house down and re-building. They are asking for an easement to put the elec. Lines in the ground (10-15 feet into our property). Our house is on the market to be sold. Should we say no?

Is rental income from real estate subject to sales tax in state of Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Is rental income from real estate subject to sales tax in state of Florida? I have a house that I rented out, I have been told the rental income is subject to sales tax. I had rental property in California, I never paid sales tax the rental income. Can someone please confirm this for me. Thanks

Is rental income from real estate subject to sales tax in state of Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Is rental income from real estate subject to sales tax in state of Florida? I have a house that I rented out, I have been told the rental income is subject to sales tax. I had rental property in California, I never paid sales tax the rental income. Can someone please confirm this for me....

Real Estate Agents Selling Mortages [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any companies out there that train and pay real estate agents to sell and process mortages?

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

View more questions Search