Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Oct 27, 2005, 06:34 PM
    Pny memory
    Has any one had any experience with PNY memory? I saw Tiger Direct had some on sale for a good price. The reviews aren't so good. Many incompatible problems. I have a emachines t3882. There website said it could take 400mhz pc3200 512mb ddr memory. I haven't looked inside my machine yet to see what kind of memory it has yet, but I will. I know it currently has 256mb. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2005, 03:59 AM
    I've used PNY memory for years - in nearly two dozen computers I've built or added memory too. I've never had one go bad. In fact, the only memory I've had go bad was another brand in a new computer.

It's not that I've used it because of reviews about it, it's just usually one of the cheaper brands on hand locally...
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2005, 05:20 AM
    I have also used PNY products before and I always find them to be good quality. Just make sure you get the right memory for you motherboard. Double check you have what you need by trying the Crucial memory tool - http://www.crucial.com/. It'll tell you exactly what kind of memory you need.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 28, 2005, 05:30 AM
    Since opinions and experience were asked for here, I'll add my support for PNY products. I've used SIMMs, SD memory cards and even a MP3 player from them. All worked well.
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Oct 28, 2005, 12:04 PM
    Great! Thanks guys. I wanted to buy it because like rickj says it is the cheapest I have seen it. I did look at the crucial site also aand they seem to be comaptible. The only thing I wasn't sure was the mgz which is 400. I am not sure what is currently in the machine. This helps me out. Thanks.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Oct 30, 2005, 07:21 PM
    Just adding more support for the PNY memory. I haven't used anything recently, but I've used their DIMM's a few times. 133mhz 128MB DIMM's, to be precise. I never had any problems with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Loving Memory. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am posting this in Other Family & People, instead of Pets & Animals, because our 12 yrs old mixed breed housedog, terrior-poodle, Molly, was our "home" family. Our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson live about 4 hours drive away. I am hoping this well help me, and I know my wife has been...

Memory [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference bet. Physical memory and virtual memory. I have a total physical memory of 256MB and available is 29.70 MB while virtual is 2.00GB and available 1.96MB. Does this mean that I do not have enough space that's why I'm having slow startup?

Not enough memory [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, sometimes when I attempt to connect to a web site, doesn't matter which one, I get a message that says not enough memory to run this program close one or more programs. If I do C/A/D to see what is running, the normal stuff is there and then Webshots, webshots all the way down the little...

Explorer.exe using 99% of memory! [ 3 Answers ]

Whenever I try and open my music folder, things start going VERY slow. Task manager shows that explorer.exe is using 99% of the CPU to try and open the folder. Around the same time this started, windows media player went on the fritz. Also, when I try and uninstall recently installed...

View more questions Search