Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marquita Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2005, 05:21 PM
    Jobs
    I was on a job for 4 years in October I had problems breathing and the doctor gave me 5 days off with an excuse the job would not except the excuse and counted it towards my attendance I was fired in February and two months later they found the cause a tumor in my head it was removed in July. My question is was this legal or had too much time elasped or are they at fault and should I be returned to my position.
    mandiemoo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2005, 01:28 PM
    I don't think its too late
    Hi,
    I don't think its too late for you to take them to a tribunal for unfair dismissal, providing that the reason for dismissal was attendance.
    You should go to citizens advice, they will be able to tell you more and give you info on who to approach.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2005, 03:07 PM
    The question of whether it was legal or not has a lot to do with what type of job it was. Were you under contract? If so, what are the provisions of the contract regarding sick leave and termination for attendance issues? If you had a contract and any terms of the contract were violated, then you may be entitled to compensation and/or reinstatement. Did you work for a public agency or an establishment that does a lot of government business? If so, then you may have been discriminated against and therefore entitled to recompense as mentioned above and your employer may be subject to sanctions. If none of these situations applies, then legally your employment was regarded to be "at will" and therefore subject to termination by either you or your employer for any reason and with no prior notice. Consult with an attorney for full information.
    marquita Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2005, 05:45 PM
    Job
    No it wasn't a government job it was a factory job I wasn't under contract of any kind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applying for Jobs [ 12 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, Well I'm applying for summer jobs at a bunch of fast-food restaurants that are highering. I just wanted to know how long does it normally take for them to call you back? Thanks!

Jobs in History [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about jobs in the field of history and apparently it didn't go through the first time I posted it here a little while ago. I also posted this under History because it pertains to both. I graduated yesterday from Adelphi University with a Bachelors degree in History....

Many Change of Jobs due to Company [ 1 Answers ]

:-[ What correct response should I give to employers looking at my resume and noting the 9 job changes in the last 17 years? All jobs were in the legal field. 3 firms did illegal practices; shut down by government or law suits, 1 moved to Mexico for cheaper labor, 2 downsized due to their...

View more questions Search