Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannenkatherine Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Does the belly piercing necessarily need to look infected to be infected?
    Does it? Mine doesn't hurt and people say it doesn't look infected at all. But I'm scared help
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 12:21 PM
    If it was infected you would have symptoms such as severe redness, severe swelling and/or a greenish or yellowish discharge that smells bad. If you get any of these symptoms, see your doctor for some antibiotics.
    brookeleigh Posts: 119, Reputation: 4

Oct 18, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Well I don't understand why you are scared if it doesn't look like it's infected? I've always had belly piercings for years and have it repeirced several times because of infection. But I would think that to have the infection you would need to see signs... or else I wouldn't worry.
    shannenkatherine Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    If it was infected you would have symptoms such as severe redness, severe swelling and/or a greenish or yellowish discharge that smells bad. If you get any of these symptoms, see your doctor for some antibiotics.

What if whiteishh-yellowish discharge appear but doesn't smell bad and doesn't hurt?is it still infected?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 10:29 AM
    What if whiteishh-yellowish discharge appear but doesn't smell bad and doesn't hurt?is it still infected

It depends how long you've had it. If it's been a while and it's doing this now, or if it's been doing this for a long time, it probably is infected.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 10:29 AM
    But, if it's not painful, red, itchy, or has any kind of really nasty discharge or blood, I would clean it really well, perhaps change the jewelry if you've been pierced long enough to do so.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shannenkatherine
    what if whiteishh-yellowish discharge appear but doesnt smell bad and doesnt hurt?is it still infected?
    If the discharge is clear, and is yellow after it is dry, it sounds to me like it is probably just the normal "crusties" that come along with having a piercing. If it appears normal all except for this, then you are more than likely fine. If you experience any of the symptoms of infection that I listed in my previous post, see a doctor. :)
    cheyne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 04:28 PM
    I got my belly done on 20 and there crusites and there like red and like it loooks like a bruise or but dose not smell and not hurt.. and look there clear stuff and am scary I clean twice a day and I don't know what going on here /? Please help mee
    hellpmmeee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2012, 03:26 PM
    I dpnt no if mine is infect either because I have had it done 2 times and it red from were I had the scar from the first time help me please need to know
    Larxene_Nobody Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 12:42 PM
    No, it does not have to look infected to be infected! Mine did not look or feel infected at all! I took very good care of it and everything went fine. I checked for infection on a regular basis. However, when I went to change rings a few hours ago at 1st it was going fine. Then it didn't want to come through the top hole. It started to come through but it was pushing infection and blood through with it. It was infected but not bad enough to show symptoms till after I tried to change rings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do if belly piercing is infected? [ 55 Answers ]

I've had my belly pierced for 6 weeks and I think I have an infection because green stuff is coming from it. I've been cleaning it everyday since the first day I got it and I don't know why it got infected because I've been really taking care of it. I really don't want to take it out and I'm still...

How do you know if a belly piercing is infected? [ 18 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced a month ago and it seems to be doing really good . I clean it in the morning and before I go to sleep with dial antibacterial soap... the only thing is people say that I will get a little crust around the piercing but I have not gotten that at all! Is that a good sign? And...

Possible infected belly button piercing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I had my belly button pierced Feb. 17 and have been cleaning like I'm supposed to. Some days are sorer than others when it gets bumped or when I bend over. I noticed today that it is a little red around the area but no puss or fluids. Does this mean it is getting infected or is it just a...

Infected new belly piercing [ 4 Answers ]

Ok. Here is my question. I am a 55 yr old grandma that just had my belly pierced. It was done on Sept 8, 2007. It has been looking really good. The night before last some how in my sleep I caught it in something. I presume my POW-MIA bracelet. Well now it is very sore & also has a nice lump...

Is my belly piercing infected? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey.. I got my belly pierced like 4 days ago and I have been cleaning it faithfully 3 times a day with dial soap & bactine. Well on the top part of the piercing I'm starting to notice a little tiny bump. Its really small, you can hardly notice it but I don't know what it is and I'm beginning to...

View more questions Search