Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2005, 10:38 AM
    Mouth Dry Every time I wake up
    I would like to know what does it mean when every time I weak up from sleeping my mouth is always dry. Its like I have to go run and get something to drink. Then on top of that I be feeling really bad.

Can someone please email me back soon

Thank You
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Oct 31, 2005, 02:30 PM
    Dryness of mouth causes by many thing please see your G.P because you might suffering from diabetes or dehydration
    Don't take too much tea because it cause dehydration as well

First symptoms of diabetes are

Excessive eating
    Excessive drinking water
    Excessive thrust
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Oct 31, 2005, 02:39 PM
    I have the same opposite problem.

Each time I wake up, my mouth is FULL of saliva. It's gross to swallow it, so I have to get up and spit it out somewhere. It's driving me nuts for about 5 months now. But before that, I didn't have such problems. Could it be connected with me getting mononucleosis about 4 months ago?

Nov 1, 2005, 03:16 AM
    Excessive production of saliva has many causes:

Poor dental hygiene
    Smoking
    Alteration of buccal pH due to medicines causing microorganism to grow in the pockets
    Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease

So I advice you to see your local g.p so he/she can to evaluate the cause of waterbrash

Brush your teeth twice a day
    Stop smoking
    If GORD disease loose some weight, take small meals , raise bed head, avoid hot drinks, alcohol, and eating less than 3 hours before going to bed

I can prescribe some drugs but to can take it from the pharmacy without prescription

Nov 1, 2005, 04:04 PM
    Thank you very much for your answer.

I have a bad habit of brushing my teeth mostly only once a day (every morning), and regularly missing out in the evening. I'll start doing it.

I don't smoke, I don't drink alcohol nor coffee... so I guess there's nothing to "improve" in that field.
    sweetpea_my Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2005, 09:33 PM
    I have the same problem but probably milder than yours. There is a paste you can get from your chemist to assist in keeping your mouth hydrated. Maybe you do not enough fluid intake?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2005, 04:50 AM
    Dry mouth
    Hi,
    Not having enough saliva in your mouth the first thing in the morning, or after sleeping for awhile, could be a symptom of a problem with the saliva glands themselves. This is not always true, but the only way to find out for sure is to see a doctor.
    A doctor can run some tests to see if this is normal with nothing to worry about, or if it is a problem, can tell you what to do about it.

Nov 3, 2005, 07:30 AM
    fredge
    If you are not an expert of this field please do try to answer it, you can't answer ever question which came across .

""Not having enough saliva in your mouth the first thing in the morning, or after sleeping for awhile, could be a symptom of a problem with the saliva glands themselves. ""

Dry mouth has many causes and every sign/symptoms lead to a different diagnosis and its management

Some of the causes are below :

Dehydration
    Before sleep having an specific food
    Breathing by mouth during sleep due to congestion,polyps, deviated nasal septum etc
    Some bacterial infections
    Facial, glossalpharyangeal nerve damage
    kay_ub Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2006, 09:34 PM
    I am not an expert but I have an experience with my grandma. She was complaining that her mouth was very dry when she wakes up. Later I saw that she was sleeping with her mouth open and she didn't know about it. Maybe someone can check up on you.
    jeyarajahs_21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2006, 04:07 AM
    Crocivic91 - I got the same problem as you do but I've had it for like 3 years now and it started at the same time it started for my sister. I'm currently researching on this topic, so I'll let you know if I find anything that seems like it might solve our problem.

Jan 22, 2006, 04:28 AM
    Thanks a lot!

I would really like to know what might be causing this. I'm going to see a dentist in a few days, so I'll ask him and (hopefully remember to) report back what he said.
    Kneel Blender Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 10:53 PM
    Hi, I have a the same problem! Everyday when I wake up, my mouth is extremely dry and I'm dying for a drink of water! I'm concerned because before moving into my present apt. I never had this problem... I originally thought it was because of the strong, steam-heat coming from the radiator during the winter. Now that it's summer and the heat is never on, I still have the same dry mouth every morning! What could be the problem and what can I do about it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bad taste in mouth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I had a root canal filling on a wisdom tooth 2 weeks ago. I have had a bad taste in my mouth ever since. For the past week I have been taking antibiotics as the root filled tooth became so painful. Now much better but still bad taste in my mouth. Any ideas?

Orgasims and cold mouth [ 3 Answers ]

I was talking to the girls today and one of them asked me a strange question out of no where , she asked "does your mouth get cold when you orgasim " so basically I am wondering if this does happen , I myself have never felt the inside of my mouth cold while having an orgasm does this just happen...

Don't Wake Me I'm Dreamin' [ 1 Answers ]

There's this old song that's goes "turn off the lights and unplug the phone" And then it goes into Don't wake me I'm dreamin And there harmonizing in it... so yeah a:confused: little help please?

Limit Wake [ 1 Answers ]

What should I look for in a boat design that limits wake?

View more questions Search