Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Oct 20, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Be proud of your religion and who you are! I have a good friend who is Wiccan and I think it is a pretty cool religion. Does your school or community have an organization for Wiccans? My friend is going to college and they have one there. It's too bad people won't let you believe your way. This country was founded on freedom of religion. And I agree about the Bible. I think any religion which helps people live good lives is great. I agree with some parts of the Bible, but not all. Just like about any other religion. Personally, I think if you want to attract people to your religion, you should do so by being kind and compassionate to all, not by harassing them and yelling at them. I would like to learn more about Wicca, if you have any information on it. I am posting this to learn about Wiccan, not Christianity (no offense) as I am extremely familiar with it already. I would ask that people please only reply to me if they have info about Wicca. Blessed be!
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Oct 20, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Ya we have a group that's hosted by a store called Renassance shoppe but you need parental permission and my mom won't let me for some reason -_-'... me and my friend thought of a coven but we couldn't find any more people our age who were wiccan. How long have you been into Wicca? Have you celebrated any of the holidays yet? Samhain is coming up ^.~ and the full moon is this Friday if you want to try for an Esbat
    beatlejuice Posts: 63, Reputation: 2
    -

Oct 24, 2007, 02:25 PM
    The Bible was never rewriten. And if anyone attempted to rewrite then it is no longer The Bible. You can get the bible in its original text and language and so you can see the actual greek text in which it was written. So the translations are pretty acurate. You can say you don't believe in Hell all you want but that will not change the reality. I can say I don't believe in gravity and jump off a cliff and the reallity will still hit. The Bible is the word of God and it is whole and it is truth.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlejuice
    I can say i dont believe in gravity and jump off a cliff and the reallity will still hit.
    Sure that's a great example, you get to see the result of your experiment immediately. If I say I don't believe in the bible then nothing, absolutely nothing, happens to me.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 25, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Not yet anyway. the LORD is slow to anger and quick to forgive. That is why He gives ample time for us to turn our hearts to Him. But, we will stand before Him on the day of judgment.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Sure that's a great example, you get to see the result of your experiment immediately. If I say I don't believe in the bible then nothing, absolutely nothing, happens to me.
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 07:10 AM
    beatlejuice disagrees: if you read carefully you will see that I was talking about not believing in HELL not the bible. You have to die first for the reality of hell to hit whether you believe it or not.
    Oh... then my answer is the same then: if one does not believe in hell then absolutely nothing will happen to them.

Oct 25, 2007, 07:11 AM
    "Not yet anyway. the LORD is slow to anger and quick to forgive. That is why He gives ample time for us to turn our hearts to Him. But, we will stand before Him on the day of judgment"

You know you're making it sound like your religion is completely true and there is no way that any other could be true... we will never know whose religion is true till the day we die.
    beatlejuice Posts: 63, Reputation: 2
    -

Oct 25, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Oh...then my answer is the same then: if one does not believe in hell then absolutely nothing will happen to them.

That is what you think till you kick the bucket and you find yourself in a very interesting place. And you will remember this discussion.
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Ok then. :)
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 25, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Yes. I don't claim religion. I claim a relationship with the God of the Bible. I believe the Bible is His Living Word and that it is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiWiccanAndProud
    "Not yet anyway. the LORD is slow to anger and quick to forgive. That is why He gives ample time for us to turn our hearts to Him. But, we will stand before Him on the day of judgment"

You know you're making it sound like your religion is completely true and there is no way that any other could be true... we will never know whose religion is true till the day we die.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 25, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Christianity is truth... to us
    Atheism is truth... to karma (or is it the great spaghetti monster? ;))
    Wicca is truth... to you
    You know what I mean?
    Religious tolerance is important.
    You can't say flat statements of "this is the truth", because, that's saying "i know more about what really is the truth than you do" which is a very arrogant thing to say to another person.
    There's what you believe, and yes, there is the truth, but we have no way of really knowing the truth, till we die or whatever, and guess what? That's what faith is for.
    Biwiccan, I'm curious, (forgive me my ignorance) what is wicca? I never really heard of it.

Oct 25, 2007, 07:23 AM
    That's much better ^.^ saying "I believe" I mean... it makes you sound more like your speaking your beliefs rather then preaching them.
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Nicely said Cal. People shouldn't go around damning others to a fiery place for eternity just because they are not like them. In my view religion is a personal thing, kept to one's self.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 25, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Yes, you have a personal relationship with god, or whoever, or whatever, or just with... you and the world.
    You can share that with others, but not by "preaching to the heathens" but by just... trying to apply the good teachings to yourself, so they can shine through, that is the better way to share your beliefs, by bettering the world by letting your beliefs improve who you are.
    Edit-
    Tchalen, yes we believe in a truth, but, say I believed in the giant spaghetti monster ;) (hehe)
    That does not make it the one big truth
    I could be wrong, and even if I believe with all my heart, others are still going to believe different things, and we are not entitled to say that our belief is best.
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 07:35 AM
    tchalien disagrees: Christians are called to share the TRUTH with others. If you feel offended, you have to ask yourself why?
    Are you one of those annoying ones that go door to door and preach to everyone? How would you like it if everyone who thought the had the Truth came to your house and tried to convert you?
    tchalien Posts: 28, Reputation: 8

Oct 25, 2007, 07:35 AM
    It is true that Christians should let the love of Christ shine in their lives, which is attractive to most people. We are also called to "go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Matthew 28:19. We have been given a great gift, eternal life in heaven with God, and we don't want others to miss out on this gift. A lot of people get confused about Christians. We don't want to tell you that you are going to Hell... We want you to go to heaven. There is only one way to heaven, through believe in the one and only son of God, JESUS.

Oct 25, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Well Cal Wicca (also known as witch craft) is a nature based religion, a lot of people say it is satan worship (due to the fact that one of the gods worshiped in the religion is Pan and he is a horned god). It is a belief of many gods and who you believe in depends on you (there are those who believe in the egyptian gods and those who believe in the greek or celtic). Above all though there is the Mother Goddess, the mother of all life, she has no specific name as her name veries in your belief (for me it is Demeter). We preform rituals on certain nights (Esbats which are the nights of worshipping the mother and the moon and we have Sabbats which are the holidays), there is no sacrifice, which is another misconception. The way a ritual works is you cast the circle, invite the gods to your rite, and invocate the elements. From there you do as you wish (alot of wiccas will do tarot cards, scrying, and/or meditating in the circle). There are also spells that you can cast (no they are not magic), you find herbs and stones that will do certain things, find candles of certain colors that represent what you want, and write a rhyme, the spell, and you go through with it. It's more of a karma thing that anything else.

Wiccans believe in the rule of three fold (if you do something bad it will come back three times worse to you, if you do something good then it will come back three times as good back to you), and the only written rule is The Wiccan Rede written long ago and known by many wiccas the author of it is unknown. The whole rede is sumed up in 8 words "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will" basically do what you want as long as you don't hurt anyone in your proceedings. It's a very alive religion as there is no rules accept the rede and you make the religion your own. You write your own rituals and believe what you want. Most wiccans don't believe in hell (which is why it's so dumb when people tell us to go to hell). If you got any questions just ask, I can go pretty in depth about the rituals as I just wrote my first ritual for the full moon esbat that I'm performing tonight (the full moon is actually tomorrow but I work till 11:30 and there's a lot of preparation and there's no way I will be able to stay awake that long).
    tchalien Posts: 28, Reputation: 8

Oct 25, 2007, 07:38 AM
    [URL="https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/../members/tchalien.html"]Are you one of those annoying ones that go door to door and preach to everyone? How would you like it if everyone who thought the had the Truth came to your house and tried to convert you?
    I live my life in such a way that people know I am a Christian, by looking at my life. I do speak the Truth in love to those that will listen. I welcome those that come to my house trying to "convert" me. I love the opportunity to hear what they have to say, and then I share with them the Truth that comes from GOD.
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tchalien
    I live my life in such a way that people know I am a Christian, by looking at my life.
    That would be fine if that's what you were actually doing but it isn't - you shove it in people's faces.

Here, watch this, it's funny: YouTube - Door to Door Atheist!

Oct 25, 2007, 07:43 AM
    There you go again with "the truth" there is not a certainty that that is "the truth". If you would put a simple "I believe" in front of it it makes a different. State your beliefs as much as you want, I am like you in that I listen and share mine, but when I state my beliefs I do my best to state them as a belief not a fact as there are no facts on gods or where we will go until we die and discover the truth. I also try not to state it like a fact as it does offend some people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I volountered for a haunted house and I need some tips on what to yell to the pepl. [ 4 Answers ]

The place is called the asylum it's a mental patiant type haunted house with scrubs and crazy people you know mental patiants but ummm I need some saying I can't think of many to yell at the people to scare them this is what I've come up with "im not sick you people are the ones that are sick!" and...

Have I taken a hpt 2 early [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, my next period is due 3/4 June, but I just couldn't wait and did a hpt yesterday 31 May it came up a negative -1 line :( , anyway I'm wondering would it have been to early to detect the pregnancy hormone I am impatiently waiting for Sunday and my period, also I did the test in the...

I want a logical and a benifital solution ? [ 48 Answers ]

I am in love with my best friends girl ever since they started dateing each other. Since four years I am waiteing for a miracle to happen, which is a distant dream . She is just so perfect... now I am 30 yrs and still single and the reason is I didn't wanted to loose myself in the matters of the...

I keep find I'm going to have a heart attack [ 1 Answers ]

Can you help me put my mind at rest :'(

View more questions Search