Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Buffalo A Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Molding and Trim?
    I purchased white quarter round molding (the plastic mold proof composite) from Home Depot, and need to install it in my kitchen around the base board trim. What's the best application for this install? I was not sure if I should liquid nail it to the painted wood baseboard, or nail it and then fill and paint, etc? Please advise.:confused:
    dackms2001 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 12:56 PM
    I would recommend using small trim nails and nail it to existing trim. Them use a nail set and fill and paint.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Oct 17, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Id use a nail gun or hand drive 4penny trim nails

If you don't want to do that use power grab, that hold well for those applications

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown molding [ 16 Answers ]

I need help installing crown molding. Is it necessary to use adhesive as well as nails?

Fitting molding between rooms [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys I just installed pergo flooring in my living room. After leveling the floors it looks great, but the floors between the rooms don't match up just right. The kitchen floor is about 1/4 inch higher on one side of the doorway than the other. What is the best type of molding to use, the 4...

Crown molding [ 3 Answers ]

Question 1 What type of nails do I use for the real wood crown molding? Question 2 How do I measure the angle, in degrees, of my ceiling? It is something other than 90 or 45? I was hoping to use something simpler than Trig functions.

Crown molding [ 6 Answers ]

I need help to cope a inside 45 on crown molding

Base molding [ 2 Answers ]

How do you install base molding to metal studs

View more questions Search