Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lady Priv Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Windows Vista, Microsoft office 2007, Microsoft equation 3.0
    I have Microsoft Vista which I do not think really makes that much of a difference but I have Microsoft Office 2007 and I need to use Microsoft equation 3.0. I know I have it on my computer because I found it. I just don't know how to use it. I have taken a couple of tutorials and still can not figure it out. The tutorials do not use Microsoft office 2007 which is much different than office 2003 which I am pretty sure they are using. Does anyone know where I can find a detailed tutorial on how to use the Microsoft equation 3.0 in office 2007? Or how I can at least attach it to my tool bar and how to do basic math with it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2007, 08:11 AM
    The Equation Editor is a utility that you use (usually in Word) to be able to enter mathematical equations that use multiple lines and mathematical symbols.

On the Insert ribbon in Word select Equation in the Symbols section. This opens the equation editor where you can choose what symbols (or just type in characters) and then insert them into your document.

Oct 17, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Thank you, but I have that figured out. Our instuctor wants us to use this to turn in our math assignments and show our work. How can I do a simple math equation such as 125+126 and make it look neat and all the numbers line up. Also with subtraction how can I show boring. All the tutorials I have seen deal with the more extensive things such as square roots and fractions but I haven't found one that shows how to write out the anwers while showing your work. Also is there anyway I can attach the equation editor to my toolbar so I do not have to look it up and open it every time?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Well that's what the equation editor is for. But not for simple arithmetic. If you want to show that 125+126 = 251 then you would just type that. You would only use the equation editor if you want to show more complex mathematical equations that use symbols etc.

Oct 17, 2007, 12:33 PM
    I think I have it figured out. Thank You
    nmk1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 01:54 AM
    First you download the Microsoft Redistributable Primary Interop Assemblies from the following link
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=59daebaa-bed4-4282-a28c-b864d8bfa513
    and then download the Microsoft equation editor from the following link
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=030fae9c-704f-48ca-971d-56241aefc764&displaylang=en
    Install both one by one you can see the Equation editor tool bar in your MS office ribbon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Download Microsoft office 2007 [ 6 Answers ]

In what way I will download Microsoft office 2007 absolutely free.:(

Microsoft Vista [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone besides me had problems understanding the Microsoft Vista programs? I purchased a Dell computer that had it already in the system. I cannot do anything except search the web and play games. I have a warranty with Dell, but for the life of me I cannot understand their techs from India...

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 download [ 3 Answers ]

I there a way I can download free Microsoft Office Outlook 2007? Thank you so very much for any help.

Microsoft Office 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

I can not see font colors or background colors in excel work sheets (in power point is always set to grey scale and always required to click view,color tabs to get colors). Can somebody help me?

Microsoft Office [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody know of a good free website that teaches you Microsoft office in depth? Thank you.

View more questions Search