Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    membah Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2005, 11:43 PM
    How can I get monobenzone or benoquin if I don't have vitiligo?
    Is there ANY way? I totally understand the capacity of this drug and how you will NEVER get pigment back but this is what I want. I am pretty pale anyway so I don't think ill get the "white streaks" that they warn about. How can I get any of these brands if I don't have vitiligo and can't get a presciption? Help! This is the ultimate whitening product!!

Oct 27, 2005, 10:33 AM
    Also, for monobenzone, do you need to apply it TO EVERY INCH OF SKIN?! That's almost crazy, but possible. I would do it, but it would take SO long to apply it to every area of skin. Do you start applying it to some parts? Let me know thank you!

Oct 27, 2005, 07:33 PM
    Can someone please help me? I just found a chinese site that sells 20% monobenzone cream and they said they can send me a sample of 20 grams! You guys please help me! I am not a kid or immature or anything, but I don't have vitiligo so I don't really know about how to apply it or anything. Can I first just start applying it on my face at night or in the morning? Another thing is I use a retinoid (tazorac, its like retin-a) at night, will this affect the monobenzone? Also, if I have red marks from past acne, will this help fade them or will this make them permanent? What about freckles? Thank you, and sorry for all the questions!
    Skinwhite Posts: 77, Reputation: 6

Oct 28, 2005, 12:08 AM
    You should try the vitiligosupport forum for answers to monobenzone. It is for those with conditions of vitiligo, but there is a lot of information there on monobenzone and it's effects and results. It would be difficult for you to buy it without a prescription in the US.
    Platinum Kellie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2005, 08:14 PM
    Anyone using monobenzone?
    :mad: Hey there - I'm new to this forum. I'm also interested in anyone's experiences with monobenzone. I'm 70% albino. I'm lucky in the fact I do have some pigment (I have green eyes) and my hair is platinum blonde.

The downfall for me is that I do still have some pigment in my skin, that is not evenly spread - I have leopard patches. For most of my life, they were really light & self tanner camoflauged it. But for some reason this summer, newer patches showed up on my arms & lower extremeties of my legs & it's driving me nuts!

I met with my dermatologist & he thinks monobenzone is a good solution for me because I don't have any pigment on my skin other than these stupid patches, so I might as well get rid of them.

Anyone have any experiences with monobenzone to share? I just started using hydroquinone to see what that will do for me, but I think I want to go the aggressive route & just eradicate pigment all together.
    Vahid Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Ive wanted to change my skin colour all my life. But Im having second thoughts on it now. I have a nice colour, it's a deep tan. Some people pay for my colour... so why do I want to change it? I don't know.. maybe it's because I wanted to de-ethnicise myself.. but not sure any more.

Dec 17, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Just to let you all know that, the mon sinks into your skin and works from a deeper level.. thus it doesn't matter if the spread isn't 100% equal. Ive been using it for 3 days already.
    lovie1 Posts: 104, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Hey keep us posted on your monobenzone use

Dec 19, 2007, 07:48 AM
    I will sweety. Im also using the glutathione pills and soap.. so maybe that will excellerate the process?
    Emily Jordan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2007, 09:26 PM
    This is for Vahid and all you other vain people out there thinking about using Benoquin, even if you do not need it.

I have used this drug from the minute it became available and it has been the right choice for me.

BUT and a very big but is that this should not be used by people who do not need it. I started having Vitiligo at 11. It may have stayed as a little white patch on my eyelids and may be I would have some white "moles" here and there if it was left alone. However, my parents were very diligent in trying to get the best trestments for me which meant using any god forbidden junk, from the most advanced pills recommended by the doctors to applying nathropathic creams no short of witchcraft.
    One particular treatment required me to take some (now illegal and off the market) pills which would sensitize me to the ultra viloet rays of the sun and then I had to spend up to an hour under the sun or under special tanning lapms during the winter. One day I fell sleep and spent 15 minutes extra under the sun: I developed third degree burns on my arms and most of my face. When the burns cleared I never got the colour back. Any trauma to the skin rubs it of its colour and the patches will then spread.

By the time Benoquin was developed I had milky patches on over 70% of my body. I was 19. The use of benoquin helped me get my face back, not having to use heavy creams or cringe every time I saw a picture of myself.

BUT the use of Benoquin is not for every one: specailly for people who have normal skin and want to lighten it. First of all why lighten your skin, it does not change who you are. You can not de-ethnicize yourself, like Vahid. You will be Vahid, white or brown or black or red. If you do not like yourself with this colour, you will not like yourself with white face as well. Furthermore, doesn't this feed into the stereotype of the "White" race being the dominant race, being the measure of beauty?

Have you guys considered the downside?

I use the highest SPF sunscreen and still burn. I love the sun and swimming, I go to the tropics twice a year and I am the only one by the pool who will be wearing a large hat, sunproof shirt over my bathing suit and towels draped over my legs if I have to sit by the pool more than 5 minutes. And you know what I can still burn: in stupid place like the back of your knee when it hurts like hell to even sit bending your leg. How about having to use sunscreen year-round? I can burn in the cloudy weather worse than in the sun! Attractive huh??

I was in Alaska in Sep 07. On a rare sunny day, I was swimming in the cruise ship's covered pool when they opened the top. I did not even feel the sun on my body but the next day I developed fine freckle like pigmentation all over my hands and arms, on my chest and one large one under one eye. I live in Canada and in the past few years you could get Benoquin without prescription. My dermatologist told me to use Benoquin again. I used up a half tube I had left but when I tried to buy new ones, I was told it was discontinued, Possibly due to mis-use by "skin-lighteners". My doctor has prescribed Lustra-AF. This is the correct cream to use if you are trying to lighten your skin a little and get rid of some spots. I still have not been able to get rid of my "Freckles".

Also be aware that any burnt part of skin that develops the pigment again is usually darker than your normal skin and is very resistant to lightening again, even with Benoquin.

Also use of beoquin may mean that you may get patches of white hair in the middle of your eye brow, lashes, hair, or even body hair for men. How would you like to have white chest and pubic hair to match that fair skin?? Not very sexy.

Most important of all the risk of skin cancer is quite serious. Understand this: YOU HAVE NO PROTECTION IN YOUR SKIN. Fair people have colour and melatonin, just less of it. Albinos and people with vitiligo have none.

Why would you want to reproduce a disease is beyond me.

Do not do this if you do not have to. I love this drug. It was my life saver. But I would gladly do anything to reverse the clock and to get my natural colour back. Sadly I do not even know what it is not to have Vitiligo. I have had it for 28 years and my non-colour complexion is a part of who I am. It is a part of the story of my life. It does not have to be a part of yours. It does not have to define who you are.

Like yourself as you are. If you do not like yourself in the skin you are in, how can you like yourself in any other colour? After all it IS only skin deep. Self reliance is the most attractive trait. It trumps every physical characteristic. Try to get some of that and nothing else will matter.

Dec 30, 2007, 11:52 AM
    ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Jordan
    This is for Vahid and all you other vain people out there thinking about using Benoquin, even if you do not need it.

I have used this drug from the minute it became available and it has been the right choice for me.

BUT and a very big but is that this should not be used by people who do not need it. I started having Vitiligo at 11. It may have stayed as a little white patch on my eyelids and may be I would have some white "moles" here and there if it was left alone. However, my parents were very diligent in trying to get the best trestments for me which meant using any god forbidden junk, from the most advanced pills recommended by the doctors to applying nathropathic creams no short of witchcraft.
    One particular treatment required me to take some (now illegal and off the market) pills which would sensitize me to the ultra viloet rays of the sun and then I had to spend up to an hour under the sun or under special tanning lapms during the winter. One day I fell sleep and spent 15 minutes extra under the sun: I developed third degree burns on my arms and most of my face. When the burns cleared I never got the colour back. Any trauma to the skin rubs it of its colour and the patches will then spread....
    I'm sorry about your experience and how you have had to suffer in your life. But you're experience and who you are is nothing to do with me and the outcome I am looking for through this treatment. You mentioned that you became very sensitive during and after the pill treatment. If I really felt that monobenzone would cause me harm, I would have felt it and I would have stopped. But I don't believe that it will. I have also spoken to lovie1 and she has no problem with it.

My history and my reason for using it, yes it is personal, and yes it is linked to my search for beauty. But I won't be discouraged by a persons negative experience with skin lightening, I am my own person and if I desire the results that nature has not given me. I will pursue them in any way as I can to replicate those results.

I have the right to be any colour, any shape, any form that I desire, within boundary. I am a co-creator of my own physical appearance. Any form I desire, I can have and will fulfill it. I am an artist of self. And proud to be who I am. And proud to be a beauty searcher. That I am, and that I will always be.

I appreciate that you dedicated that long and thoughtful message to me, and it is dually noted, but my life and my experience is for me to learn and for me to do. I am whatever chose to be, I stand by that philosophy. And thank you for taking the time for sharing with me your unique experience and your opion.

Thank You.

Vahid.
    monobenzone_attention Posts: 64, Reputation: 3
    -

Dec 31, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahid
    ;)

I'm sorry about your experience and how you have had to suffer in your life. But you're experience and who you are is nothing to do with me and the outcome I am looking for through this treatment. You mentioned that you became very sensitive during and after the pill treatment. if I really felt that monobenzone would cause me harm, I would have felt it and I would have stopped. But I don't beleive that it will. I have also spoken to lovie1 and she has no problem with it.

My history and my reason for using it, yes it is personal, and yes it is linked to my search for beauty. But I won't be discouraged by a persons negative experience with skin lightening, I am my own person and if I desire the results that nature has not given me. I will persue them in any way as I can to replicate those results.

I have the right to be any colour, any shape, any form that I desire, within boundary. I am a co-creator of my own physical appearance. Any form I desire, I can have and will fulfill it. I am an artist of self. And proud to be who I am. And proud to be a beauty searcher. That I am, and that i will always be.

I appreciate that you dedicated that long and thoughtful message to me, and it is dually noted, but my life and my experience is for me to learn and for me to do. I am whatever chose to be, I stand by that philosphy. And thank you for taking the time for sharing with me your unique experience and your opion.

Thank You.

Vahid.

How old are you? Just wondering. I read all your posts on here. Mono will make you sensetive to sunlight. That means there will be no pigments left in your skin. Your attituide is sick.

People with vitiligo are allowed to use this drug. But no one with healthy and normal skin like yours.

If you think that depigged skin looks like "white" skin. Then I have to disappoint you. It looks not healthy at all and its not comparable with caucasian skin..

DO NOT USE IT WITHOUT ANY HELP OF A DOCTOR..

I can not believe that lovie used benoquin on her skin.. benoquin will make you extremely pale in 1 year.. some people are already depigged in 1 year with benoquin 20%

Jan 2, 2008, 06:16 AM
    Well it will be 2yrs for me in aug 18th 2008 that I used monobenzone and I haven't had any problems at all and if I did damn right I would post it good or bad. But it's my choice a choice that I made for 1yr. 5mos. Now.and I'm not pale white.
    -

Jan 2, 2008, 08:08 AM
    @lovie: Are you sure that you're using monobenzone on your skin? It might be something different.. There are people who depigged with monobenzone 20% in 1 year. That is possible. I'm wondered that you achieved gradual lightening and no spots. People in depigmentation forums say, that their skin received spots at the beginning. But it took some time till they merged.

Oh.. it is 2 years.. thats a long time..

I know its your choice.. and no one can hold you back.. but you seem to be lucky.. you didn't get any spots or something..

That is RARE

Jan 2, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by monobenzone_attention
    @lovie: Are you sure that you're using monobenzone on your skin? It might be something different.. There are people who depigged with monobenzone 20% in 1 year. That is possible. I'm wondered that you achieved gradual lightening and no spots. People in depigmentation forums say, that their skin received spots at the beginning. But it took some time till they merged.

oh.. it is 2 years..thats a long time..

i know its your choice..and no one can hold you back.. but you seem to be lucky..you didnt get any spots or something..

that is RARE
    Actually it is rare to get spots. This aug will make 2yrs for me using moniobenzone yes I'm using monobenzone there are different grades of it as well I mentioned it earlier
    1. pure white
    2. pale white
    3. off white / beige

Well I use off- white beige color and in feb I will start to use pale white so I can depigment fully I'm definitely lighter that's for sure.
    Plus it takes years for one to depigment especially for those that have darker skini know of a girl that it took her 3yrs. And another a man it took him 2yrs.
    -

Jan 2, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Yes it depends.. I know an african american.. it took her 5 years to completely depig.. she is tall though

Jan 2, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by monobenzone_attention
    yes it depends.. i know an african american.. it took her 5 years to completely depig..she is tall though
    Yeah but get this I'm mixed black/ white/ indian / hispanic but my skin is strong too so that could be a reason. My skin is thick my natural color to beging with was light 1-2 shades lighter than vanessa williams at the beginning. So yes it can take years
    -

Jan 2, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Vanessa williams isn't dark.. she is actually very light

Jan 2, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Year now picture me 1-2 shades lighter than her and that's my color but if you om me your e-mail address I will send you a pic of me to see for yourself.
    -

Jan 2, 2008, 12:50 PM
    @lovie: surely.. I want to see your picture so bad!

Send me an email:[email protected]
    I'm interested

I would also like to see how your skin looked before.. that would be awesome

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vitiligo and tanning [ 7 Answers ]

I have Vitiligo on about 40% of my body (for those of you who don't know, it means that those areas are without pigmentation). I would like to walk around with a nice, deep tan (I live in Florida). Could you recommend any skin stains and such that I could use, which would last a long time? ...

I don't know what to say or do [ 5 Answers ]

I'm not sure where to start,OK ill start with my nan and pop live in india and I haven't seen them since I was a child (now 20) and we keep in contact through phone and email. I got an email from my nan and pop today saying that she's having some madical problems and needs a pacemaker. I no a...

My cpu is at 100 and don't know why [ 4 Answers ]

My cpu is at 100 and is slowing everything down I've defragged my computer, scanned for viruses, and restarted. It just started doing this. Task manager says system idle process is taking up all the cpu. Ireally hope you can help!

View more questions Search