Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pawel Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 05:20 AM
    Permutation and Combination
    In how many ways can letters of word CINEMA be arranged so that order of vowels donot change?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 17, 2007, 06:19 AM
    First determine how many ways the 6 letters of CINEMA could be arranged without worrying about how the vowels are arranged. This number will include all possible combinations of vowel order. Then divide this by the number of ways that the three vowels can be arranged - that will leave you with how many ways the 6 letters can be arranged with only one sequence of the vowels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permutationand Combination [ 2 Answers ]

How many different squares are there on a chessboard?

Probabilities and combination [ 1 Answers ]

what is the probability of drawing flushes (5cards) in a deck of cards?

Combination and permutation [ 2 Answers ]

In how many ways can the word isosceles be rearranged if the two e must not come together

Confused in permutation and combination [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am basically student of applied Economics but as a toll of research we use statistics. We are just in the beginning of the things and I have a problem. I get confused in questions related to permutation and combination and find it difficult to figure it out about what formula to use. Is...

Combination Permutation? [ 3 Answers ]

In how many ways can the batting order be determined for a coed softball team w/ five women and four men if a) there are no restrictions b) the women must all bat first c) the first and ninth batters must be men

View more questions Search