Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Oct 26, 2005, 08:44 PM
    Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse Pack
    I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse pack and it just does not seem to work. It operates perfectly in Microsoft word or open office or indeed anything except games. While playing Battlefield 2 or GTA:San Andreas it will seem to drop it's signal. While running the character will all of the sudden stop still and I have to press 'w' again. It ONLY happens in games and I have tried another keyboard of the same make and model and the same thing happens. I do not understand what is going on. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    iamarcin Posts: 72, Reputation: 4

Feb 7, 2006, 05:53 PM
    Try changing the batteries
    Is the link infrared(it might need a direct line of sight)

I also heard(unconfirmed) that a metal desk will interfere with the signal

Also try the connection on the back it connects through the usb right? There also should ba a PS2 connector connect both so that the keyboard and mouse won't interfere with each other the keyboard will use the ps2 and the mouse the usb

Make sure that the latest drivers for the usb on the laptop are instaled or try another usb port
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Feb 8, 2006, 03:02 AM
    Your not alone.I have a Trust wireless (infrared) keyboard and mouse.The infrared sensor,connects to the PS2 keyboard,and mouse "holes",at the back of my PC.The sensor has direct line of sight to my keyboard,and mouse.Many times the keyboard mistakes letters,or misses them altogether.Sometimes the mouse will "do it's own thing",even though I've adjusted the settings in Windows.I too have changed the batteries,to more "upmarket ones" :D but still I have trouble.As both were a combined xmas present,I can't really bin them,but I have been tempted.Apparently,it is common with (infrared) keyboards,to "go awol".I have been told to invest in a Bluetooth keyboard,and mouse.Out my price range at present,but I keep hinting to family members for next xmas.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Feb 8, 2006, 04:43 AM
    Hi,
    It will be better to provide your operating system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it take to get Six Pack Abs? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 15, 5'9 and 160 pounds... I work out everyday and no matter what I do you can never see my abs... when I feel my stomach or look at it in the mirror while I have an empty stomach I can feel my six pack... I work it out so hard I get so mad that people barely try and can have a six pack that...

Wireless Keyboard/Mouse stops screensaver [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A and a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0A on a Windows XP computer with IntelliType and IntelliPoint 5.2 installed for drivers. Whenever I plug in the wireless receiver (there is only the one for the two devices) the screensaver will not come on....

What to pack for the hospital [ 7 Answers ]

I just thought I might ask if I have remembered everything to take to the hospital. I made a list and if anyone can add to it I would love the help. Ok so here it goes... copy and paste... Going home outfit for me Shampoo/conditioner Toothbrush/toothpaste Hair brush Hair ties/clippies Bar...

Service Pack 2 v 2096 [ 0 Answers ]

What is the difference between "Service Pack 2" and "Service Pack 2 v 2096" for Windows XP.

No Auto Fan on Carrier Gas-Pack [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier gas-pack Heating/Airconditioning system (about 12 years old). A few weeks ago I noticed the heating cycle was not working. I ran some checks to determine the cause and discovered that the main circulation fan was never coming on when the fan was set to the "Auto" position. The gas...

View more questions Search