Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mehee01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Bank Levy
    Someone please help me, I am so upset right now. I just found out that there is a levy on my bank account by Ford Motor Credit for a car that I ended the lease early for. Long story short, my Explorer was in at the dealership to have my rear brakes fixed and instead they fixed my front brakes. Less than a week later I was in a horrible car accident as a result of brake failure. My car was fixed and about a week after it was checked and cleared by the same dealership I got into another accident, again brake failure, this time I had a ten month old baby in the car. The rear differential (I hope I spelled that right) broke three different times and every time I had to pay out more money. I found out I was pregnant and didn't feel safe driving this car so FMC told me that they worked out a deal with the dealership and that they would swap out my Explorer with another Explorer for the remainder of the lease. Needless to say that didn't happen which caused me to end the lease. I ended up getting an attorney to handle the case with FMC and everything was fine. They agreed that they would wait until my lawsuit with the dealership went through to get paid because it was pretty much guaranteed they would get their money. Now my bank account is frozen and I have to pay my mortgage, and my car payments, and all of my other bills on top of buying diapers and formula for my 5 month old. Then to make things even better, the money in the account wasn't in my name per say. All the deposits into the account are in my boyfriends name, not mine. What can I do, the lawyer for FMC is telling me that he might be able to get $1000 released for me but he has to make sure the court officer who happens to be a very close friend of mine will approve it. Help!!

Mary
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2007, 06:40 AM
    First, did FMC ever obtain a judgement against you? Second, what happened to your suit against the dealership?

A judgement had to be obtained to allow for attaching the account. If you were unaware that had happened, then you may not have been served with notice correctly. So you may be able to have this judgement vacated on the basis of improper service.

If you can prove that all the funds in the account were your boyfirend's, then you can apply to have the full amount reinstated. Check with the court about that.
    mehee01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Thank you so much, you were absolutely correct about everything. I really can't thank you enough!! You should have seen their faces when I told the court everything and showed them all the proof. I've never felt so happy!! :p
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Glad to help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank levy [ 15 Answers ]

My husband just had his bank account levied, we got a copy of the paperwork, it was for $7,000, but the account only had $300 in it. Does this mean that anything that goes into that account will be taken out immediately? Or do they have to file a new levy and submit it to the bank. I have read...

Bank Levy in NY [ 2 Answers ]

Foster & Garbus has a bank levy for two accounts on one of my accounts. I am wiring funds for one account to release from another that they have not found and in the midst of that I found out they also have a levy for a second account on a much larger account. Can they do this and leave me with...

Bank levy [ 1 Answers ]

Can a levy be place against your bank account if it is joint and the joint account holder is not your spouse. Is it true that adding a child or aanother third party to your account as a trust or co owner will stop the levy because creditors can not seize an account with a third party.

Bank levy [ 2 Answers ]

Can a bank levy last until the debt is paid? How does it affect your credit?

Bank levy [ 1 Answers ]

My husband had a bank levy done where they took everything out of our acct. I was unaware of the money due. At this point, he has been disabled for 14 months and not working because the dr.'s said he cannot work. How do I contest this being it is my work money in the account. The sherrif's...

View more questions Search