Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allroadsleadtojamaica Posts: 60, Reputation: -1

Oct 16, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Hey omg this is so gross.
    Hey guys. My teacher has been making everyone feel uncomfortable lately. (he is a male). He "checks out" and stares at all of the girls in my class like, he will look at their chest when he's talking to them and he will look at our butts its so gross. I've talked to my mom about it. She just said that if its really making us feel uincomfortable to talk to another teacher or the principal. I mean he really stares at us to the extent of us wanting to put on baggy shirts. Is this harassment? What should I do? And bye the way, I'm in grade seven.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 16, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Do what your mother recommended. He needs to be dealt with. If you're uncomfortable, you need to speak up.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 16, 2007, 01:07 PM
    I don't know about the teacher maybe he is just like your 'unusual creature' post, but you know somethjing allroad, you could really get someone in a lot of trouble with posts like this one.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Oct 16, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Yea talk to the principal or guidance counselor or try to have your class changed if its possible.
    Everyone could pitch in and buy really baggy t-shirts and just wear them just for that class. He might get the point or one of the other teachers might get suspicious.

Oct 16, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    I dont know about the teacher maybe he is just like your 'unusual creature' post, but you know somethjing allroad, you could really get someone in a lot of trouble with posts like this one.

I think I will report you as an inappropriate post and consider you a troll for now until you can really post something intelligent and worth reading.

And by the way, I live in Canada too and it disturbs me that you do to.
    pkay you know what, I didn't mention his name or anything. Its just gross and I didn't know whatto do. That why I used this sight. .
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Allroads. I had a few teachers in school that were like that. We even had teachers to marry students. 2 of the teachers came from my elementary school k-8 and married these girls when they were in high school. And the other 1 was a high school health teacher that married a senior she was 17 he was in his middle 20's. Btw she was the superiendent's niece. Go figure. I know for a fact that 1 of the elemnetary teachers had affair after affair with different students.Of course this was around 1980, I am not sure if anyone one minded or if there were in laws in place at that time prohibiting it. If I were you I would talk to a trusted teacher, counsler,or principal and if that did not work I would write a letter to the board of education. My thoughts are if someone is looking at you or saying things to you that make you uncomfortable, then there is a reason that you are feeling this way. Don't just ignore your feelings or brush them away.
    S SID Posts: 91, Reputation: 11

Oct 27, 2007, 08:11 AM
    You do need to be careful what you say and to who, it is a very serious accusation... but... if you do have concerns then firstly speak to a female teacher, she will know if he is a letch (perv) whatever you call them in canada and she will also be the person who has the best advice for you, just don't go spreading rumours around school though until you have the full facts.

Oct 30, 2007, 01:29 PM
    No, I know that this is serious and everything but I am 99% sure he has a perversion problem, and its not me saying this, its almost every girl in my class and in his past classes. Now, since I have posted the question, I have alerted the principal about this I went with my two friends and we told the principal that we have noticed he had been looking at us and other girls in such a way where it makes us uncomfortable. She told us to get pieces of paper and pens and wirte down everything we have experienced and everything we've seen him do to us and other girls... I worte a lot. Hehe. When we left the office, the principal said, k, girls, if any of this isn't true, I want you to go change anything on these papers that isn't true (which it all was true) and then we just said, no, its all true. She then said okay, well we are going to do a full investigation to ensure you girls feel comfortable. So, from there, today, my teacher handed out the school pictures, and when he looked at my friends, he raised his eyebrows, opend his mouth and said " wow mel these are great'! It did look gorss the way he did it. So far, nothing had happened with the principal or anything so I will update you on this. Keep the awnsers coming!(L) thanks for all your information and suggestions. The helped...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 09:10 PM
    You could try talking to older students 8th through 12th that have had him and ask if they had the same problem when they had him.
    You should get as many girls as possible that have felt this way together and go to the principal with your concerns.
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Dec 23, 2007, 08:01 PM
    I had a teacher this year who got fired for staring at all the girls. He was a tech teacher and made the girls bend down and pick up the tape that was stuck to the floor. One of the students told the principle and he was immediately fired
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 08:20 PM
    If the teacher is saying things, or making students do things, that he shouldn't, he is in big danger of losing the job. As far as what he is believed to be looking at, it could be a number of innocent reasons causing misinterpretations. He might have bad eyes? He might have some issue causing him to avoid eye contact? I don't know... but his words, or what he has student's do... is what he should be judged on.

The comment that you say he made about someone's school picture could have been just an innocent compliment... but it sounds like someone needs to sit him down with a lecture about commenting on girls' personal appearance. No student should feel harassment, but be careful that you are not reading more than is intended into every little thing.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 23, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Oneguy, this is not directed at you. Happy711 jumps in after this issue has been dead for 2 months and makes statements that are rumor at best or just flat out made up. He can't even spell Principal yet he knows some teacher was fired on the spot. That is not how teacher employment works and I know from 35 years as an administrator. I won't comment any further since many good suggestions were made, two months ago. I doubt if this young lady is still looking for an answer.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been on the forum that long, so your comment is appreciated. In case it will help someone else, the way I remember the difference between principal and principle is by looking at the last letters. The one that ends in "pal" is the guy you want to be your pal at school, and the one that ends in "le" has the same ending as rule...

Dec 23, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Having been a Principal for 25 years I am please to hear someone remembered that we wanted to be a pal. Stay on this desk long enough and you will see some funny posts. People like to talk and apparently like to post, forgetting truth and correctness is appreciated. Have a good one.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Now that this thread has been dredged up from the bottom of the pond, I'd sure like to know what happened!

Dec 23, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Chances are fair that a 7th grader from 2 months ago has moved on to other issues. We may never know.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2007, 09:45 PM
    I was a teacher and have had my own kids, so I know about 7th graders. She had thrown in a "tee hee" at one point when she mentioned writing down a lot about him. Unfortunately, a false accusation can ruin a career. I hope that wasn't the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oh my! My hair [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair perm black in November 2006, up to this time I can't get the color out. I need help desperately. My original hair color if I can remember is a mousy chocolate brown w/honey hi-lights.

Oh my! Plzz read! [ 4 Answers ]

Some of you may remember me from one of my posts called "Pregnant? At 15?" Well to refresh some of your memories I recently had sex for my first time last Saturday with a guy who didn't wear a condom but did pull out. I know I know... you can still get pregnant that way. But last night when I came...

Oh my! Its hot and I have no AC [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a Honeywell CT87N101 to replace the old mercury thermostat. I have a gas furnace w/ A/C. I DO NOT have a heat pump, I have a 5 wire system. Blue, White, Yellow, Red and Green... ALL of which were connected to the OLD thermostat before I decided to replace it except the yellow... I...

Oh my! Oh my! Help me [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all :) im looking for this song it's a duo im 40 % its elton john with another woman but i don't know i heard it in 1988 and since 1988 i didn't find it i just heard the song on radio and i think they didn't said the artist name or the song or i missed it, i recorded it on tape and listened...

View more questions Search