Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frmdawn2u Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Custodial parent move from Ca to Tx
    My ex and I used to share custody of the kids and in April I gained sole legal and physical custody of the children. He has supervised visitation with the kids approximately once a week. I would like to move to Texas and was wondering what should I do to prepare to present this to the court. Thank you!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Tell the court the reasons you want to move that are favorable for your children. Like you will have a better paying job to support them better or whatever. The court CAN if they want to
    Make the order to give the other parent visitations on holidays and summers or something as long as your ex doesn't fight it. But with supervised visitations you might have to have grandparents or somebody else where the kids can stay.
    Basically, figure a way to work it all out and then go to the court tell them what all ideas you have on working it out and ask what all options you have as far as their rules go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custodial parent [ 2 Answers ]

I have been divorced for 12 yrs and have a 17 yr old daughter. She has been in my custody for all her life. Her father has never properly supervised her on weekend visits and she has gotten herself involved with an acquaintance of his who is 35 yrs old. In addition due to a complete lack of...

Custodial Parent Move Away [ 7 Answers ]

In the instance where there is a current DV restraining order against the NCP, together with limited visitation between the NCP and the child, the parties were never married, and the custodial parent already has both 100% legal and physical custody, does the custodial parent need permission from...

Can custodial parent move out of state [ 1 Answers ]

I have primary custody of my children, their father has seen them only one weekend in the past two months. Can I move out of state, or am I bound to stay in the state I am in?

Move away order for custodial parent [ 2 Answers ]

I'am the custodial parent that lives in California needs to ask for a move away order to move to another state for a job transfer. We have joint custody. How do I go about asking the court for a move away order? How far in advance does this need to be done?

View more questions Search