Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anupambuja Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 12, 2008, 03:52 AM
    It will fly surely cause run way & landing gear have supporting role, actually role of air. And it cause of Newton’s 3rd law when engine do action in reaction of the action plane go forward. Weather its on runway or floating on air. Even if you heard about air tunnel which is used to check plane model in that they use opposite thing plane is stationary and air is passing through the wings. And on that basis it will float on air.
    Second thing is that plane is not using land or runway as surface resistance to go forward like car. So finally in plane case if its on treadmill, it could fly but in car case car couldn't go forward.
    bec587 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 11:36 PM
    Comment on CaptainRich's post
    Good
    bec587 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 11:51 PM
    Comment on shempAM's post
    Exact point.
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Nov 19, 2008, 04:10 AM
    Didn't they try this on mythbusters? Not with a jet aircraft though
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 08:08 PM

Rebel-2 - The answer to your question is ( YES 0 GO TO
    MythBusters Episode 97: "Airplane on a Conveyor Belt"
    Have a good day and keep her between the cloudsa and GOD BLESS ;;F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plane items [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Sorry wasn't sure what to put this question under!! Its just that what items are actually allowed on a plane. Can I take on my digital camera in my hand luggage. Also do you take the items in a plastic bag or what?? PLEASE HELP!!

Plane geometry [ 2 Answers ]

I need the formula for the area of a circle, thanks.

Kinematics Plane [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot figure out this question! "An airplane can reach speeds of 980m/s. How long would it take a plane traveling at this speed to travel 1500KM? Why would it actually take longer than this? So my teacher wants either m/s or km/h and I want to change it it to km/h:confused:

Plane trigonometry [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried to solve these but with no luck.:confused: 1). Find the area of the following triangles: (Use Logarithms) a. a=12.7, b=21.5, and c=28.6. b. c=426, A=45°48'36", and B=61°2'13" c. An isosceles triangle in which each of the equal sides is 14.72 in.and the vertex...

Inclined plane [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know how to calculate force transferred from the perpendicular to horizontal assuming zero friction. Example: 10 pounds of verticle force applied to a 30 degree plane will move the plane horizontally with how much force? Or to put it another way, how much force is lost in the example, and...

View more questions Search